A Lock Down Leisure Plan

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #33923 by Bryan Johnston
A Lock Down Leisure Plan was created by Bryan Johnston
A Lock Down Leisure Committee Plan

We hope this finds you all well and healthy?

As you know there are no Rusty Spins this weekend and we also can’t have any Club cycles with each other, for at least 6 weeks. However, we want to keep in touch with you and help you keep in touch with each other.

Your Leisure Committee have been working hard to put together a plan that can help us do that. We have a mixture of: technical, social events, and chats organised.

We have outlined the programme below
Have you thought about getting an indoor trainer or a Turbo but feeling a bit lost? Well our first presentation by Orwell’s expert Barry Redmond will cover all you need to know and is planned for next Wednesday at 7:30pm via Zoom.

We will post details of the other events closer to the day and how to sign up

Monday Zoom Chats
We also plan to have regular Zoom chats open to everyone on Monday mornings. We started these after a cycling trip to Cyprus in March and they were really successful as a way to keep in touch; as we went straight into lockdown.

There is no real agenda but we plan to have 2 chairs and a few ideas each week. But really just to keep in touch Max 45 minutes.

And More
As well as the events outlined below, we are also planning some other events and as soon as we have confirmation will let you know.

We would also love to have your suggestions. So, keep in touch and let’s support each other.

Your Leisure Committee
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Bryan Johnston.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kathryn Keogh, Danny Moriarty, Leonard Kaye, John Murray, Stefan Foster, Shauna Whelan, Fionnuala Callan, Claire Maher, Peter McGrath, Killian Byrne, Sarah Murphy, Tom McGovern, Joss Tanner, Jim Davidson, Zoheb Khan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #33985 by Bryan Johnston
Replied by Bryan Johnston on topic Zoom Chat Monday 1030
Are you missing your cycling buddies ? Like to see and hear how everyone is getting on during lockdown then join your Orwell friends for an informal chat and yap next Monday morning at 1030
Background
A group of Orwell cyclists were lucky to have a great weeks cycling in Cyprus in mid-march this year.
As soon as we got home the first lockdown began and we initially set up a what’s app group to keep in touch and we started Monday morning Zoom meetings.
Over the weeks a few others joined and we had no agenda but chatted about bikes , where we could cycle , memories , a fair bit of slagging and had some good fun. We heard how people were coping ..or not but most of all we just kept in touch
We are starting this again this Monday the 2nd of November at 1030 for max 50 minutes
There is no agenda but each week we will have two different people chairing just to keep things moving and occasionally introduce a few ideas if it goes quiet
This week Val Smith and Bryan Johnston will do the honours
You are all invited.and the coffee is on us

Topic: Orwell Zoom Chat
Time: Nov 2, 2020 10:30 AM Dublin

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Bryan Johnston. Reason: update
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise Keane, Leonard Kaye, Stefan Foster

More
3 years 10 months ago #34001 by Bryan Johnston
Your Leisure Committee are delighted to host a zoom workshop this Thursday 5th November at 7.30 pm focusing on stretching and the importance of mobility

Join Sherry Mannion for a chat on the importance of mobility and mental training and toughness for peak performance. The evening will include a brief talk on the role sports psychology plays in cycling performance particularly now when we are faced with limiting factors of group sizes, distance and postponement of sporting events and races during this global pandemic. You will leave with some mental skill techniques to use to facilitate positive changes in your training and racing.
Following this we will discuss why both mobility and strength is functionally important for cyclists. You will be led through a mobilisation routine and stretches that can be use daily to improve mobility, agility, and overall athletic performance

Sherry is a certified Yoga for sports Instructor, Pilates Instructor, Strength and Conditioning Coach and Sports Psychologist. As a science graduate with a Degree in Anatomy and Physiology and a Diploma in Sports and Exercise Science she always had a great understanding and fascination with biomechanics and how the human body works physically.

Ending with a few minutes for Q&A’s at the end of the session.

Other Dates for your diary
Thursday 12th November Bike Computers and GPS Workshop Val Smith and Joe Fitzpatrick
Thursday 19th November Looking after our mental health Allen O Donoghue
Monday 23rd November Cycling through Africa in the 80s John Devoy

The following user(s) said Thank You: John Duignan, Stefan Foster, Peter McGrath, Tom McGovern, Joan McElwain, James Brennan, Paul Tighe, John Corbett, Niall Gannon

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #34002 by Peter McGrath
I'd like to attend

Thanks for organising.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Peter McGrath.

More
3 years 10 months ago #34003 by Tom McGovern
Bryan
Please add me to list
many thanks
Tom

More
3 years 10 months ago #34004 by Joe Fitzpatrick
Count me in
Regards
Joe

More
3 years 10 months ago #34005 by Thomas Clarke
Count me in please & thabks

More
3 years 10 months ago #34006 by Leonard Kaye
Count me in Bryan
Thanks
Leonard

More
3 years 10 months ago #34007 by Paul Tighe
Thanks Bryan
Please count me in

Kind regards Paul

More
3 years 10 months ago #34008 by David O'Halloran
Replied by David O'Halloran on topic A Lock Down Leisure Plan
Hi Brian

Please include me for the Thursday stretching session.

Thanks

David

More
3 years 10 months ago #34011 by Fionnuala Callan
Count me in please!
Thanks for organising!

More
3 years 10 months ago #34012 by Fergal O'Sullivan
Can you put me down on the list as well please.

More
3 years 10 months ago #34014 by Adrian Gallagher
I'd like to attend

Thanks for organising.

More
3 years 10 months ago #34017 by Lorcan Lynch
Replied by Lorcan Lynch on topic A Lock Down Leisure Plan
Thanks Bryan
Please count me in
Cheers
Lorcan

More
3 years 10 months ago #34018 by Danny Moriarty
Thanks for organising.....include me please

More
3 years 10 months ago #34022 by Denis Gleeson
Bryan count me in for tonights session.

More
3 years 10 months ago #34023 by Francis Brophy
I would like to attend Bryan.

Thank you - Fran Brophy.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #34035 by Bryan Johnston

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Bryan Johnston.

More
3 years 10 months ago #34036 by Leonard Kaye
Looking forward to this session - thanks Bryan - Joe and Val
Leonard

More
3 years 10 months ago #34037 by Niall OShea
Replied by Niall OShea on topic A Lock Down Leisure Plan
Looking forward to it. count me in,

Thank you for organising.