RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR

More
7 years 7 months ago #21105 by Andrew Potts
Replied by Andrew Potts on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
We can only imagine the grief Tony, his son and daughters must be feeling at the sudden loss of his wife and their mother last Monday. I would like to suggest, as each of us starts our event this month we observe a moment of quiet to offer prayers of support for Tony and his family.
Mary Walsh RIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc, Danny Moriarty, Kevin Connaire, Leonard Kaye

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #22969 by Andrew Potts
Well the months fly by and Lenard and I have just completed our eighth Audax. Once again we went to routes and roads less traveled by us. The touring element of an Audax is a real draw, quite lanes and towns, hidden sights and histories are often the norm with always a conversation with somebody who you meet along the way.
This Time we did an Audax called The Midlands Meander 200. It visited three provinces Ulster, Connacht and Leinster and took in a rich history from old murders to the first loop the loop. We even had a conversation with a farm women with a bucket of ducks.
The weather Gods abandoned us as Leonard and I usually get blazing sunshine and we had nothing but rain all day, but it was not too bad.

If anybody is interested in sampling an Audax and the touring element why not drop me a line as I fully intend to return to sunshine and a sun drenched wander around some part of Ireland mid July
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom Crotty

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #22970 by Leonard Kaye
Replied by Leonard Kaye on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
Andrew with his Ducks on a meander through the Midlands

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Leonard Kaye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom Crotty, Ken Moloney

More
7 years 3 months ago #22978 by Monica Coll
Replied by Monica Coll on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
Unbelievably cute:)

More
7 years 3 months ago #23203 by Andrew Potts
Thanks Monica your pretty cute too :)

More
7 years 1 month ago #23866 by Andrew Potts
Big week for the RRTY Audax people
the National 400 took place in pretty horrible conditions, rain for the duration. Hats off to Noel, Tony and Colin who completed the 400KLM in one ride. Amazing stuff, starting at 6am finishing about 2am
Leonard and Andrew also completed a 200 also giving them RRTY 10 in sunshine acting like a couple of tourists, enjoying the scenery and history of West Wicklow.
Joe also got in with a quick East Wicklow and Jose who some how managed to cycle 220 Ks one day and 200Ks another day but neither ride counted, tough going indeed.

A big big thank you to all who supported the lads on the 400. Sinead, Kim and Claire who did some amazing selfless work for no reason that I can think then they are just sound people.. Your help was actually vital as it turned and thank you from all of us.
Thank you also Dave for advice and organising this event.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donal O'Connor, Colin Coffey, Leonard Kaye

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #24225 by Andrew Potts
Having spent far too long in the rain I spotted a sunny day and a day off falling together on the 1st Sept So I did the East Wicklow which is a lovely route to do . Over Sally Gap and then to Carnew and rolling countryside. Left turn to Gorey then its home along the coast on quite roads with stunning countryside. Recommend it to everybody for a nice day out.
That was RRTY 11 and we are closing in on the Quest, the general idea for Sept seems to be The Dying Cow. Its a pub on a hill somewhere south east ish. The hill is the focus of the ride as it could easily give you a nose bleed its so steep. Once again if anybody is thinking of looking at an Audax the group would be delighted to have you along.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joe Fitzpatrick, Luke GJ Potter, Colin Coffey, Leonard Kaye

More
7 years 1 week ago #24233 by Andrew Potts
www.audaxireland.org/events-calendar/gaz...vents/dying-cow-200/

All details for The Dying Cow at the above link . Closing date 8 th Sept, the cost is a tenner with food available at most controls. The Audax world is great for getting onto roads you would never usually cycle.
A Orwell gang will be there along with probably 40 others
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colin Coffey, Leonard Kaye

More
7 years 1 week ago #24234 by Leonard Kaye
Hi Andrew just registered.

Echoing Andrew's invitation; why not come along to visit hidden parts of Wicklow. Or maybe even start your 12 spin journey on the RRTY!!!

Cheers,
Leonard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colin Coffey

More
7 years 1 week ago #24283 by Tom Crotty
Replied by Tom Crotty on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
Will give this a lash.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colin Coffey, Leonard Kaye

More
7 years 1 week ago #24284 by Colin Coffey
Replied by Colin Coffey on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
Glad you can join us Tom, don't forget to register today as it's the closing date.
(not sure how strict David Murphy is on this).

More
7 years 1 week ago #24286 by Jose Filipe
Replied by Jose Filipe on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
I'm also registered for the Dying Cow 200.
Cheers Jose Filipe

More
7 years 1 week ago #24287 by Colin Coffey
Jose I will be driving down to Bray and can give you a lift from Dundrum if you want it. I have a bike rack.
My number is
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

More
7 years 4 days ago #24425 by Tom Crotty
Replied by Tom Crotty on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
Sorry guys, I cannot make it tomorrow, was looking forward to the challenge. Tom

More
7 years 4 days ago #24426 by Colin Coffey
That's a shame Tom. Maybe next month then.

More
7 years 1 day ago #24462 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
Message from the organiser of The dying light, if you are thinking of riding it be aware that it is always oversubscribed:

"Hi all,

Just a reminder that entries are open for this year's Dying Light 200. I've received quite a few entries so far and places are filling up, so if you want to take part in this year's event, please get both your entry form and payment in soon. Once the quota is reached, I will operate a wait list in case there are any dropouts.

Also, I'm looking for volunteers to help run one of the two manned controls on Dying Light, the control in Ardee in the morning or Athboy from 12:30pm to 16:30pm approx on the day. These volunteers can still cycle the event in the organiser spin the weekend before the actual event.

Thanks,

Andreas"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonard Kaye

More
6 years 11 months ago #24656 by Leonard Kaye
You may be interested in joining: Andrew Potts, Tom Weymes and myself on an Audax next Thursday 12th Oct. leaving from South Car Park, St. Enda’s Park, Rathfarnham at 06:00 am.

The “Follow me up to Carlow, aka West Wicklow 200km” Audax is a fairly flat one, taking in parts of: Dublin, Kildare, Carlow and West Wicklow. With just 1,370m of climbing, this is one of the flattest routes on the Audax Ireland map.

MAP
ridewithgps.com/routes/18102990

I understand that Andrew is celebrating, and buying free coffee for anyone who joins us; as this is our attempt at our final Audax in the Randonneur Round the Year series award.

If you are interested just post your name here so we can look out for you on the morning or phone me at
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Cheers,
Leonard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc, Andrew Potts

More
6 years 11 months ago #24657 by Gillian Baker
Replied by Gillian Baker on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
The free coffee got my attention! I’m “afraid” I have to work... for a split second I was tempted ;-)
Wish you guys well and stay safe!

G
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Potts, Leonard Kaye

More
6 years 11 months ago #24659 by Andrew Potts
I will indeed buy the coffee and the weather forecast looks to hold into next week. I was on the course yesterday and the early morning sunshine with mist on hillsides was really beautiful.
Standing break near the army camp, on to lunch in Athy or Carlow, this route is largely on quite roads with some really lovely views across rolling country side. Some good things to see as we go along.
Just contact the organiser from the link on Leonard's post, then check your bike, lights to see the road, then you are good to go.
Audaxing reaching the parts other cycling doesn't.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc, Leonard Kaye

More
6 years 11 months ago #24660 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
Well done and good luck guys, great job by everyone who has stuck at it all year long.
Coffees, medals, maybe even a sneaky beer are all well deserved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donal O'Connor, Leonard Kaye

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds