RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #20313 by Leonard Kaye
Replied by Leonard Kaye on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
Thanks Dave and Danny for the ongoing advice.

For those participating in the Kings mountain next Saturday and any others in this group; can you please email me with your mobile number - and an emergency number/ contact name. Andrew and Myself will carry a copy of this list next Saturday in case of emergency .

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Cheers,
Leonard
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Leonard Kaye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Danny Moriarty

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #20314 by Monica Coll
Replied by Monica Coll on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
Best of luck on Saturday Randonneurs! Impressive challenge ye've set; May the wind be with you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Danny Moriarty, Andrew Potts, Leonard Kaye, Ken Moloney

More
7 years 10 months ago #20317 by Danny Moriarty
Replied by Danny Moriarty on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
Thanks Andrew,

One thing - I assume we are finishing as a group so I can take all receipts/brevet cards (if issued) and deliver to Aidan/Paul (the organisers). It will save riders scrambling for stamps and posting to Aidan or Paul. Please bring a little plastic ziplock food bag for the receipts perhaps with your name on a piece of paper inside it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevin Connaire, Andrew Potts, Leonard Kaye

More
7 years 10 months ago #20325 by John Kirby
Replied by John Kirby on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
Hi Leonard and Andrew, i registered a while back, it's been a bit touch and go in my head, but committed now finally! looks like a great challenge, well done for organising
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonard Kaye

More
7 years 10 months ago #20344 by Andrew Potts
Replied by Andrew Potts on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
Thank you everybody who turned up and gave this a lash on a wonderful sunny winter day.
Thank you Danny for looking after us and well done for your 24 plus 140Klm spiins to get Eugenes Medal, well deserved special presentation in some stop, somewhere in county somewhere.

Paul and Aidan emailed me to say they recieved the recepts etc

Cheers Andrew
The following user(s) said Thank You: Danny Moriarty, Kevin Connaire, Leonard Kaye

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #20346 by Leonard Kaye
Hi All
Here's a picture of those, eleven, who completed the Kingsmountian Audax yesterday.

Looking forward to our next scheduled one on the 3rd Dec. the 200 GHEIMHRIDH 200 (WINTER 200). Again a fairly flat one: 203.7 km +1,475 m.

Here’s the link for it:
www.audaxireland.org/events-calendar/gaz...vents/gheimridh-200/

And a bit of good news: “Food stops will be provided at Multyfarnham (100km) and at the finish back in Stamullen.”

OUR GROUP SO FAR
We have a Baker’s Dozen signed up so far, however, -we are still awaiting an Orwell “Snow White”
to join us, come on Ladies…

Cheers
Leonard
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Leonard Kaye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Danny Moriarty, Kevin Connaire, Luke GJ Potter, Colin Coffey

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #20543 by Leonard Kaye
Hi All

It seems finally we have our very own Orwell SNOW WHITE for the WINTER 200.

No need to be participating in the RRTY to cycle this Audax ( however, you might get the bug!!!)

If you are thinking of giving it a go; have a look at the video of our recent Kingsmountain Audax.

Cheers,
Leonard
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Leonard Kaye.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #20608 by Leonard Kaye
FROM THE ORGANISER
Reply-To: Marc Kilduff <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>

Subject: [audax-ireland] Re: Taking entries for the Gheimhridh 200km (Audax Ireland)

Greetings all,

Just a reminder that entries will close on the 1st Dec for the Gheimhridh 200km. If you have not done so already and plan to take part in the event please have your entry in before 8pm on Thursday.

We currently have 34 riders signed up for the event so it should be a good day...

Regards
Marc.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #20628 by Leonard Kaye
SNOW WHITE JOINED US yesterday for the GHEIMHRIDH / (WINTER 200). Here's a video of yesterday's cycle .

The following user(s) said Thank You: Danny Moriarty, Eugène SKIL, Andrew Potts

More
7 years 9 months ago #20631 by Sinead Kennedy
Replied by Sinead Kennedy on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
Nice video Leonard! Thanks for a great day out :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonard Kaye

More
7 years 9 months ago #20676 by Jose Filipe
Replied by Jose Filipe on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
Hi,
I'm doing the Orwell 200 next Saturday as part of my RRTY, anyone interested?
Cheers Jose

More
7 years 8 months ago #20777 by Colin Coffey
Replied by Colin Coffey on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
Hi all,
Planning to do my December 200km on thursday. Alex can't join me and was wondering if anyone else needs to do the December one?

Also having trouble with maps on my Garmin 200 and was wondering if anyone would be able to loan me a Garmin (will take good care of it) ?

Colin

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #20863 by Andrew Potts
Hi everybody
I,m looking at Sat 14th as it suits me with holidays etc I could jump a day either side of that depending on weather. Since we have missed the closed as full Audax Ire calendar event I have set up The Ardattin 200 with the organiser. I know Colin and Leonard are thinking of something the following week but unfortunatly I cant get the time off.
So one way or another I shall go on the said date and would welcome any company.
The details of route and a review is on the Audax Ireland website and ll we need to do is tell Paul when we are going and provide reciepts or pictures etc.
www.audaxireland.org/audax/permanents/
www.audaxireland.org/events-calendar/gaz...events/ardattin-200/

Regards Andrew
PS
Just looked at the long range forecast Sunday is due to be sunny spells and 10c after a few days of warmer winter weather. The following week the temps look like they are dropping. I could go on sunday the 8th if anybody was up for it and grab a chance at a pretty good day for January.
Any takers ?
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Andrew Potts.

More
7 years 8 months ago #20868 by Jose Filipe
Replied by Jose Filipe on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
Hi Andrew,
The 8th suits me too.
Cheers Jose

More
7 years 8 months ago #20870 by Andrew Potts
Hi Jose
Sunrise is at 8.30 so I think if we leave the start point Bray Wheelers at 8;00 am planning to be back an hour or so after sunset 4;30 pm would be good.
The navigation link is above and I will print out the route map, I will contact Paul the organiser and let him know we are going and any others who are tempted to spend Sunday in the fresh air.
Make a payment to Audax Ireland of a fiver and make sure you tag it as payment for the Ardattin 200 Audax Jan permanent
I will wait until Friday evening to let Paul know how many just in case a few others are tempted
Regards
Andrew

More
7 years 8 months ago #20881 by Kevin Connaire
Replied by Kevin Connaire on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
Andrew, Im interested in doing this spin on Sunday. I've paid the fee and filled in the form. Thanks for organising. Kevin.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #20884 by Andrew Potts
Great stuff Kevin good to have you along the more the better. We will be pretty much on our own so extra tube and lights, Hi Viz for the dark return. You know what its like on these roads in the dark.
See you Sunday

Thank you Jose and Kevin for dragging me around when I probably should not have started due to a cold. I probably underestemated how it can have such a adverse affect on your ability. So a big public thank you to you both. Jose you are legend cycling out and back home again and Kevin thanks for the help over the last few hills.
This was a great Audax we all enjoyed the variation of scenery the roads were pretty good all the way around the course. You do need to plan your stops as the route does bypass a few towns you think the route might go through.
Kevin and I are already planning to return to it at some stage.

My thoughts are turning to Feb do we all do The Kings Mountain again ? It is the calendar event and I,m sure Paul and Aidan will accept a entry from us.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Andrew Potts.

More
7 years 8 months ago #20964 by Andrew Potts
Big shout out for Danny who completed his second RRTY that is some doing 24 months of at least one 200 each month every month.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Murnane

More
7 years 8 months ago #20972 by Leonard Kaye
Danny you're a Legend.

Leonard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Danny Moriarty

More
7 years 8 months ago #20978 by Danny Moriarty
Replied by Danny Moriarty on topic RANDONNEURS ROUND THE YEAR
Cheers Andrew....... I didn't quite manage 24 consecutive months though - there was a 5 month gap between the RRTYs............. gap mostly accounted for by injury - I swear !

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds