An Post Tour of Waterford

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #19173 by John Kirby
Replied by John Kirby on topic An Post Tour of Waterford
Hear hear Siobhain,
Great day out / weekend away!
.....bit of a "Simon Harris thinks I'm at work" moment here, but lots of photos on www.facebook.com/Seankellytour/photos...not too many orwell though :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #19175 by Donal Arundel
Replied by Donal Arundel on topic An Post Tour of Waterford
I had a great day, and enjoyed travelling with the various Orwell groups I encountered (mostly stayed with Ken and Brian before they put on the afterburners for the last third!). I definitely took it carefully on the descents for sure :-) It was by far the longest hardest spin I have done personally.

I was so impressed with the organisation of the sportive, particularly the special effort they made to point out all treacherous sections along the way.
I'll be back! ..and might even to get to see the view from the top of the mountains without fog :-)

Thanks to all the Orwell group for a brilliant days cycling yesterday!! and also to Helen for organising a lovely dinner on Saturday evening - great to meet a lot of familiar faces the night before!
Does anyone have an update on Donal? Donal, i hope you are ok, it was a dangerous descent!

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #19191 by John Duignan
Replied by John Duignan on topic An Post Tour of Waterford
Great Event - even without the Mahon Falls

A big thank you to Andrew for organising the Orwell Peleton

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #19204 by Seamus Connolly
Replied by Seamus Connolly on topic An Post Tour of Waterford
I could not have done it this year without the support of the great Orwell crew. So a big thanks to All. You missed only 2km of the Mahon Falls climb John and a treacherous descent in the wet conditions. Probably a good decision by the organisers to close it off. Next year when the sunny South East returns to itself!
Seamus

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #19207 by Ann Horan
Replied by Ann Horan on topic An Post Tour of Waterford
Great day at the Seán Kelly Tour. Thanks to everyone for making it a very enjoyable event.

We stayed in the Seanchai holiday homes and they were really nice.
www.seanachai.ie/

They are about 8km outside Dungarvan town.
I spoke to the lady in charge and she said there are 12 holiday homes ( each one has 2 doubles and a twin. ) The houses are really clean and spacious.

She said in order to be guaranteed the houses we would need to book in January and pay 10% deposit.

The houses cost €300 for 2 nights but you could fit up to 6 in each house.

I was thinking of advertising this in January and asking one person to take charge of the booking and filling of each house.

There is a lovely pub and restaurant ( Seanachai pub) with great food right beside the houses.

I think it would be so much fun if Orwell took over the place for the SKT weekend next August.
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Ann Horan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eugène SKIL, Andrew Potts, Monica Coll

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds