Wicklow 100 and 200

More
8 years 3 months ago #17446 by Dave Murnane
Replied by Dave Murnane on topic Wicklow 100 and 200
Thank you again Colm & Sarah with the club car and Greg & Dave with the van. It is much appreciated that you gave up a long day, helping Orwell and non-Orwell cyclists, flying the flag for the spirit of our club and our sponsors Scott.
Your baggage policy seemed to be far more accommodating than certain airlines we could mention.

Thanks also to the Orwell IVCA racers who helped to organise and marshal the event: Paul Tansey, Aidan Hammond, Diarmuid Collins. Apologies if I missed anyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ciara Kinch, Greg Farrell, Simon Kelehan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #17449 by Diarmuid Donnelly
Replied by Diarmuid Donnelly on topic Wicklow 100 and 200
Yes, many thanks folks for supporting us on the road. The coffee and jaffa cakes at Baltinglass were the highlight of the day!

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #17450 by Colm Agnew
Replied by Colm Agnew on topic Wicklow 100 and 200
Thanks Dave,

For the Record it was the lovely Emma Perry supporting in the car and A very BIG thanks goes to Emma for coming on board at very short notice!! I would not have managed on my own so "Chapeau" to our EMMA.

Also there were a couple of bags & rain jackets left in the car and one remote for a CATEYE left in the car !!! I will leave these in Joe Daly's in a labelled bag for the owners to collect.

Thanks,
Colm A.

PS: If you liked the service yesterday you will love our Quiz night this Friday in the Goat @8pm. Run by Colm Featherstone & Myself come along and support Make A Wish & Cheeverstown House We hope to see a big Orwell Crew there !!
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Colm Agnew.

More
8 years 3 months ago #17451 by Leonard Kaye
Replied by Leonard Kaye on topic Wicklow 100 and 200
To Colm and Emma with in Club Car and Greg and Dave in the van; it was a great comfort and amazing to have you all there.

And especially for re-hydrating the dehydrated; post the Slieve Mann climb was a service above and beyond the call of duty- Irish Water would be proud of you.

Cheers,
Leonard and all in Group 3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon Kelehan, Shauna Whelan

More
8 years 3 months ago #17464 by Donal O'Connor
Replied by Donal O'Connor on topic Wicklow 100 and 200
Great day. Thanks to the support car and van volunteers. Really impressed by people volunteering for a long day like yesterday.
Thanks to the Garret's gang for dragging me home over the last 50km when I was running on fumes.

More
8 years 3 months ago #17493 by Leonard Kaye
Replied by Leonard Kaye on topic Wicklow 100 and 200
A few pictures from last Sunday's W100/200

Enjoy,
Leonard

The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon Kelehan, Gary Somers

More
8 years 3 months ago #17506 by John Connolly
Replied by John Connolly on topic Wicklow 100 and 200
Can I add my thanks to Dave and Greg in the van and to all those in the club responsible for arranging it. I needed a wheel change due to a broken spoke and the lads were terrific in getting me going again.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg Farrell

More
8 years 3 months ago #17548 by Lucy Soden
Replied by Lucy Soden on topic Wicklow 100 and 200
Big thanks to Emma, Colm, Greg and Dave! I can honestly say I wouldn't have left my house on Sunday morning in the pouring rain unless I knew we were going to have such wonderful support! Thank you so much for looking after us all so well!

And thanks to all the different groups I cycled with during the day......especially John Kirby for dragging me around the last 60-70km
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg Farrell

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds