End of the Winter spins, start of the Summer ones.

More
10 years 3 months ago #6801 by Seamus Connolly
Replied by Seamus Connolly on topic End of the Winter spins, start of the Summer ones.
Hello all Sunday Swingers!

I guess the Wicklow1/200 will beckon most members on Sunday but for those not doing it I am planning a spin. I have to finish at 12 though so I suggest a 09.00 start on a route that will allow for those who wish to cycle longer to do so.

Can I ask on this occasion that anyone intending to come out send me a text to let me know. Please do so before 21.00hrs on Saturday. 086 8206358.

Seamus.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #6826 by Eamonn Eaton
Replied by Eamonn Eaton on topic End of the Winter spins, start of the Summer ones.
Hi Seamus

Thanks for a great spin last Sunday - most enjoyable.

I have given your details to Colm Baldwin who I met through the Giro. He is interested in joining Orwell and would like to go out with us a couple of times to see how he gets on. I'm doing the W200 so have given him your details and asked him to text you if he is going to go along in the morning. He has completed a charity cycle of 100k so tomorrow sounds like a good option for him. I hope this is ok

Thanks Eamonn

More
10 years 3 months ago #6827 by Seamus Connolly
Replied by Seamus Connolly on topic End of the Winter spins, start of the Summer ones.
That's fine by me. Eamonn.

Seamus.

More
10 years 3 months ago #6869 by Alan Casey
Hi there,

Will there be a yellow spin next Sunday, June 15th?

Cheers
Alan

More
10 years 3 months ago #6871 by Seamus Connolly
Hello Alan and All,

The Sunday spins I have been organising for the past while have worked out somewhere between White and Yellow pace.

The plan for next Sunday is about 120km mixture of flat and climbing. All welcome but I will try to keep a pace to facilitate the slower people. Hills as always at each individual's pace and waiting for all at the top.

Start at 09.00 at Joe Daly's

Seamus.
086 8206358

More
10 years 3 months ago #6942 by Seamus Connolly
Hello All,

I will be away next Sunday but I believe that some of those who came out last Sunday will be at Joe Daly's at 9 for a spin.

I will organise a spin again for Sunday the 29th.

Seamus

More
10 years 2 months ago #7102 by Seamus Connolly
Hello All,

Spin on Sunday 29th at 09.00. 100 to 120km. All welcome.

Seamus.
086 8206358

More
10 years 2 months ago #7125 by Simon Dowling
Replied by Simon Dowling on topic End of the Winter spins, start of the Summer ones.
Great Seamus, Will be there !

More
10 years 2 months ago #7163 by Seamus Connolly
To all going to Kerry and those other soft hills in France go n'eiri an bothar libh!

For real softies there will be a flat spin for a change on Sunday. Joe Daly's at 9.

Seamus.
086 8206358

More
10 years 2 months ago #7177 by Simon Dowling
Replied by Simon Dowling on topic End of the Winter spins, start of the Summer ones.
Great Seamus, see you then !

More
10 years 2 months ago #7277 by Adrian Dungan
Replied by Adrian Dungan on topic End of the Winter spins, start of the Summer ones.
Good morning Orwell.

Seamus, our Sunday morning spin guru, is away this Sunday (13th July) on holiday.
I'm taking an absolute liberty and proposing a route for this Sunday morning as follows;

Joe Daly's (9am departure), Bohernabreena, Manor Kilbride, Sally Gap, Laragh, Roundwood (coffee stop), Sally Gap, Glencree, Featherbeds. Approximately 110 KM

Somewhere between White and Yellow pace with all the normal crireria applying i.e. food, tubes, water etc. etc.

If this doesn't suit we can discuss on Sunday mroning. Any takers might post here or text me on 0868183935.

Happy Cycling,
Adrian
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc

More
10 years 2 months ago #7278 by Simon Dowling
Well done Adrian, sorry cannot join this Sunday. Have a great cycle.
Regards Simon Dowling

More
10 years 2 months ago #7308 by Seamus Connolly
Hi Everyone,

I'm back for another Sunday spin. Heading south and hilly, 130km approx. Last Sunday I'll be out for a few weeks. 09.00 at Joe Daly's. Let me know if you are interested.

Seamus
086 8206358

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #7412 by Greg Farrell
Replied by Greg Farrell on topic End of the Winter spins, start of the Summer ones.
Hi guys,

A couple of us will be doing a yellow spin this Sunday if anybody would like to join us.

Leaving the Yellow House in Rathfarnham at 8:30 heading this route www.strava.com/activities/159075924

That's Manor Kilbride, Blessington, Wicklow Gap, Larragh (Coffee+Cake), Sally Gap, Featherbeds and home. About 100km Yellow House to Yellow House with around 1,600m of climbing.

Definitively a yellow spin. Any orange+ types very welcome as long as a gentle recovery spin suits you :)

Greg
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Greg Farrell.

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds