End of the Winter spins, start of the Summer ones.

More
10 years 5 months ago #6042 by Dave Mc
The final spins of the Winter roster are on this weekend, and then our beginner spins will be wrapped up for another year.

In the past few years we haven't organised any Sunday spins during the Summer for a couple of reasons, mainly due to lack of interest though. It's clear that we now have enough riders around who will neither be racing or riding sportives and will so be looking for Sunday spins to ride during the Summer, so we are going to start posting a list of Summer spins.

More details will follow, but the usual group rules will apply. The only difference from the Winter spins is that there will be no leaders or minders, and so everyone will be expected to be competent and able to look after themselves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Blennerhassett, Danny Moriarty, Greg Farrell, Kilian Doyle, Peter Carty, Shane Phelan, Peter Walsh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #6128 by John Anslow
Replied by John Anslow on topic End of the Winter spins, start of the Summer ones.
Anyone up for Sunday spin this coming weekend-6th, as I won't make the Saturday 200 group spin?
very yellow pace!

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #6132 by Stephen Ryan
Replied by Stephen Ryan on topic End of the Winter spins, start of the Summer ones.
Hi John,

Would you be interested in coming up and doing the sportive in Carlingford?

75k , generally flat , a little over an hour from Dublin, kick off 10:00; points in the Leisure Cyclist of the Year competition!

More details at orwellsportives2014.freeforums.net/threa...vent-sportive-season

Stephen
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Stephen Ryan.

More
10 years 5 months ago #6137 by John Twomey
Replied by John Twomey on topic End of the Winter spins, start of the Summer ones.
You could also do the 3 peaks challenge from Arklow and stay local.

More
10 years 5 months ago #6141 by John Anslow
Replied by John Anslow on topic End of the Winter spins, start of the Summer ones.
Nice options, but I'm away all day Saturday, so another trip might not go down too well at home, was thinking more local than even Arklow.
Not to worry-will head to the hills myself and be back in time for lunch and reintroduce myself to the family.

More
10 years 5 months ago #6155 by Seamus Connolly
Replied by Seamus Connolly on topic End of the Winter spins, start of the Summer ones.
Hi All,

I am happy to coordinate a spin on Sunday April 6th. Joe Daly's at 09.30. 80 to 90km. Some routes in mind but not decided yet. White pace.

Let me know by text if interested: 086 8206358.

Seamus Connolly

More
10 years 5 months ago #6173 by Dave Mc
Here are the suggested White and Yellow routes for the next three weekends, courtesy of Stephen Ryan:

Sunday 6th of April
www.strava.com/routes/20779 -
· 83.0km Distance
· 1,088m Elevation Gain

Blessington incl. Mount Seskin on way out , Ballysmuttan , across N81 to Rathmore, Kilteel and a savage climb called the Lamb to get back to N81. There is an easier but still hilly way which brings you out further south on the N81.

Sunday 13th of April
www.strava.com/routes/21854
· 73.3km Distance
· 1,057m Elevation Gain
Coast , Newcastle, Callow Hill , Roundwood , Djouce

Sunday 20th of April
www.strava.com/routes/26725
63.0km Distance
1,291m Elevation Gain
Glenmasole, Kippure , back via Aurora , Enniskerry

More
10 years 5 months ago #6235 by Seamus Connolly
Replied by Seamus Connolly on topic End of the Winter spins, start of the Summer ones.
I will coordinate a spin on Sunday April 13th. 80 to 90 with some
climbing. Whitish pace
Seamus Connolly
086 8206358

More
10 years 5 months ago #6275 by Seamus Connolly
Thanks for your latest mailing Stephen including an enquiry about the non-led Sunday spins.

I coordinated a spin on the last two Sundays. There was 7 of us on April 6th and 5 on the 13th. On the 7th we did about 85km to Ashford by the coast road, easy Devil's Glen to Roundwood and home. On the 13th we did our own Tour de Foothills taking in the Wall, Enniskerry to Glencree and the Poggio twice. About 65km.

I will continue to co-ordinate a Sunday spin most Sundays. Next one April 27th.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc, Stephen Ryan

More
10 years 5 months ago #6276 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic End of the Winter spins, start of the Summer ones.
Planning on doing a 100km yellow/orange from 915ish from joes. All welcome. With hills
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc

More
10 years 5 months ago #6277 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic End of the Winter spins, start of the Summer ones.
Sorry on Sunday

More
10 years 5 months ago #6307 by Gerry Kieran
Replied by Gerry Kieran on topic End of the Winter spins, start of the Summer ones.
Hope to see you tomorrow Garret.

More
10 years 4 months ago #6359 by Seamus Connolly
Hello All,
Anyone on for a hilly spin on Sunday meet at Joe Daly's at 09.30. White+ pace.
Seamus
086 8206358

More
10 years 4 months ago #6490 by Seamus Connolly
Hello All,

Best of luck to all who are helping or participating in the randonnee on Saturday. Sorry I can't be involved this year.

I will be back in time to coordinate a spin on Sunday. Whitish pace 80 to 100km. Flat and fast! 09.30 at Joe Daly's.

Seamus
086 8206358

More
10 years 4 months ago #6564 by Seamus Connolly
I am giving the Giro a skip this year, until the others catch up!!

So, hilly spin on Sunday White + pace up to the Sally Gap, Laragh and back. Start at earlier time of 09.00 so that those who wish can watch some of the Giro.
Seamus
086 8206358

More
10 years 4 months ago #6599 by Seamus Connolly
Hi Everyone,

I will be away the coming weekend so I will organise a spin again for Sunday May 25th. Hopefully some of you will do the Mount Leinster.

Seamus

More
10 years 4 months ago #6628 by Simon Dowling
Replied by Simon Dowling on topic End of the Winter spins, start of the Summer ones.
Any further updates on Sunday Summer Spins?

More
10 years 4 months ago #6630 by Seamus Connolly
Hi Simon and All,

As I said in my last post I will organise a spin next Sunday again. Route details later in the week.

Seamus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon Dowling

More
10 years 3 months ago #6668 by Seamus Connolly
Hi Everyone,

Invitation to anyone not doing the Mick Byrne on Sunday to a hilly spin over the Sally Gap, to Laragh and back.

Start at 09.00 at Joe Daly's.

Seamus
086 8206358

More
10 years 3 months ago #6716 by Seamus Connolly
Hi Everyone,

Spin on Sunday at 09.30 from Joe Daly's. Hilly 100km. Whitish pace.

Seamus
086 8206358

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds