Workout hour? Tuesday 9th June, 7.30pm

More
4 years 3 months ago #32465 by BarryR
Workout hour? was created by BarryR
I'm proposing to change the online riding arrangements a little at this point. The popularity of scheduled club Zwift rides has been falling slowly over the last few weeks, so it's time to review what we're doing.

The easing of restrictions on outdoor riding is making Zwift spins less necessary, so even if the Zwift no-drop function is fixed quickly it seems likely that numbers on club Zwift rides will continue to fall. However, outdoor group rides are still not allowed so we're missing a key benefit of the club - conversation and banter with clubmates.

To fill this banter gap I'm proposing a "workout hour" each week, where anyone who wants comes onto the Orwell Discord channel for conversation while they do whatever indoor trainer workout they wish on Zwift, RGT, TrainerRoad, Rouvy, or whatever. You could even just sit on the couch or walk the dog. You don't even have to talk, just listen.

So if you might be interested in this, what day and time would suit you? Probably evenings, to suit those who are working. Probably not Thursdays because that's club race night. How about Tuesday evenings? 7.00 or 7.30pm?

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise Keane

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #32466 by Louise Keane
Replied by Louise Keane on topic Workout hour?
Hi Barry
I’d be up for this thanks - the social aspect of discord is great.

Unfortunately this Tuesday is out for me as we have a committee meeting on zoom but count me in for future Tuesdays at either time.

Thanks
Louise

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #32467 by BarryR
Replied by BarryR on topic Workout hour? Tuesday 9th June, 7.30pm
So let's give this a go tomorrow, Tuesday 9th June, at 7.30pm. I'll be doing a TrainerRoad session 7.30 to 8.30, and will be on the Orwell Discord channel at the same time. If you're doing a session on any platform tomorrow evening just log on to Discord and see who's there. So whether you're on Zwift, TrainerRoad, RGT, Rouvy, Sufferfest or anything else, log on to Discord and let a bit of chat help ease the suffering.

Even if you're not doing a trainer session drop in to Discord to say hello. You can use Discord on your phone while you're walking the dog or sipping a glass of something on the patio or balcony.

Using Discord

If you haven't yet joined the Orwell Discord channel, then install the Discord app on your computer or phone. Download it from discord.com/download or from the iPhone or Android app stores. Create an account for yourself, and then click on this link to get access to the Orwell channel:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

If there's a choice, select "open with Discord". If required, select "Join". Click on the Orwell yellow O icon. There is a text channel and a voice channel. To get to the voice channel, click on the menu icon (3-lines) if necessary, then under "Voice channels" click on "Group ride banter". If requested, grant Discord the permissions it needs to use your microphone and speakers.

There's no need to keep the Discord app displayed, it will work perfectly well in the background or with the screen off.

Headphones or earbuds + microphone are strongly recommended. You'll hear better, and others will hear you better.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by BarryR.

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds