Club league # 5, 14th May 2020

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #32361 by Dave Mc
Club league # 5, 14th May 2020 was created by Dave Mc
Apologies for being so disorganised this week, but Thursday night racing is going ahead as usual this evening, 19:00 start on the Borrego springs course. The distance will be 4 laps (30.8km), and handicapping will be almost exactly the same as last week, with the exception of Limit getting 30 seconds more of a head start on the chasers.

Read this bit first before registering!
The field will be split into four groups, Limit, Semi-limit, Semi-scratch and Scratch. No one is to go on zero, so the first group to go will be Limit, starting at 1 minute. Semi-limit will go at 2:30, Semi-scratch at 4:00 and Scratch at 5:00. In case anyone has problems with their clock being out of sync I will be posting prompts and countdowns on screen in the app, so watch the messages on the right hand side of the screen. If you should accidentally false start, just stop, wait for your group, and jump on when you're supposed to. I'll list the groups below, so make sure you know what group you are supposed to be in, if you have any questions just ask.

Registration link here:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Dave Mc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Mc, BarryR, Neal Hudson, Dave Murnane, Ken O'Neill, Shaun Kelly

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #32362 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic Club league # 5, 14th May 2020
Groups for tonight are almost exactly the same as last week, with the only changes being that Dick is going back one up one group. Please remember that it is a 4 group handicap, and that it will be up to each rider to check what groups they are in. As with last week, just make sure that you're not pedalling when the clock hits zero, and I'll give prompts on the right hand side of the screen for each of the groups.

00:00- Nobody goes, everyone stops pedalling.

01:00- Limit
Aoife Parker Hedderman,
Barry Redmond,
Beata Golczak,
Colum Bradley,
Dave Murnane,
Diarmuid Donnelly,
Gillian McDarby,
Olga Buckina,
Zoheb Kahn.

02:30- Semi-limit
Fergal Quinn,
John McCormack,
Jonathan Coffey,
Jules Cantwell,
Kilian Doyle,
Michael Hanley,
Peadar Corbally.

04:00- Semi-scratch
Brian McArdle,
Colm O'Neill,
Darran Kearney,
Diarmuid Collins,
Dick O’Brien,
Dmitri Griffin,
Fionn Sheridan,
Jonathan McKeown,
Ken O'Neill,
Killian O'Brien,
Martyn Holmes,
Paul Kane,
Robbie Dolan,
Shane Toman.

05:00- Scratch
Dave McLoughlin,
Henning Luebberding,
Ian Devlin,
Ian Donnelly,
Jamie Busher,
Luke Ginnell,
Michael Monahan,
Neal Hudson,
Padraic O'Flynn,
Shaun Kelly.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Dave Mc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Murnane, Michael Monahan, Colm O Neill, Shaun Kelly

More
4 years 4 months ago #32363 by Dave Mc
Finally, as a suggestion for all of the groups, when it’s your time to start you should all ideally take 5 or 10 seconds to get the group together before winding the pace up- just like in a real CP on the road. In Scratch group at least the past two weeks the group has been shredded within the first kilometre by the fast starters, and with this course it will be the group that works together best that takes most of the placings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BarryR, Michael Monahan

More
4 years 4 months ago #32364 by Richard Cattle
Replied by Richard Cattle on topic Club league # 5, 14th May 2020
Hi Dave, I finally got myself set up to race. Can you please add me into one of these groups? Probably Limit would be a good place to start. Thanks, Richard

More
4 years 4 months ago #32366 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic Club league # 5, 14th May 2020

Hi Dave, I finally got myself set up to race. Can you please add me into one of these groups? Probably Limit would be a good place to start. Thanks, Richard

Start in Limit and we'll see how you get on tonight. Remember not to go at 0:00 when the race clock starts, but wait until 1:00 as per the handicaps.

More
4 years 4 months ago #32367 by Dave Mc
Well done all, that turned into some fairly brutal racing after the keystone cops start.

Commiserations are with Luke this evening, who as far as I could tell was the only one still waiting on the start line at the appropriate time!

Powerful riding from Neal again, he was always looking like a winner as soon as Scratch started working.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neal Hudson, Fergal Quinn, Darran Kearney

Time to create page: 0.691 seconds