** Trek Domane Ebike - Pure Pleasure **

• Colm Featherstone
  • Colm Featherstone's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #35213 by Colm Featherstone
** Trek Domane Ebike - Pure Pleasure ** was created by Colm Featherstone
Wednesday Night Spin on the Trek Domane LT + E – Bike

I was happy to oblige Louise from Joe Daly’s in trying out and reviewing this very stylish looking bike and decided no better way to do that than by joining a few fellow members on a Wednesday night hilly spin being led by the leisure king himself Mr Bryan Johnston.

So why me, you may ask, well its certainly not for my renowned athleticism or palmarés but more to do with the fact that I probably have the unique distinction of being the first Orwell to use an electric bike for club cycling.

This Trek Domane LT + is fabulously coloured in my favourite red & black livery and comes with the Shimano Ultegra group set, hydraulic disc brakes, and weighs in at around 13kg, and is one of the most unobtrusive looking E-bikes that I have seen.

So, heading off on this oh so comfortable carbon fibre bike we headed up the Burrow Road which was my first chance to test out the pedal assisted motor on the Domane which kicks in in three stages aptly named, breeze, river, and rocket. Using mainly the breeze and river setting it was a very easy spin to the top and the motor was barely audible. The descent was exciting bearing in my mind that you do not get any pedal assistance after 25KPH. The braking system was truly tested as I descended the devil’s elbow, my first experience of hydraulic barking was extremely positive and efficient.

But now to the main event and the reasons why I have, and you may be thinking about purchasing an e- bike, those dreaded steep hills. Well, here is the solution, as I cruised past our bunch to fully test the uphill stretch which was no effort whatsoever especially when in rocket mode. One important factor to remember is that you have to ride this and any other e-road bike in the same fashion as any ordinary non pedal assisted bike, by making the correct gear selection.
I would say after testing this particular bike that due to its reasonably light weight and carbon fibre frame there is no real need to use the pedal assist function on the flat or on short or long drags as it is a really smooth ride. Also, by riding in this fashion you will prolong the battery life thus allowing you to take this machine well over the 100k mark on road and indeed off-road with the adventure and touring group.
My overall impression of this bike is that it a pleasure to cycle and it is not only for people who may perceive that they have a physical deficit or frailty because it is a fun bike and if you are thinking in this frame of mind don’t leave it too late, talk to Joe !!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise Keane, Dmitri Griffin, Daniel Govan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #35214 by Sean O'Connell
Replied by Sean O'Connell on topic ** Trek Domane Ebike - Pure Pleasure **
Good review Colm. 'Palmaré'?

• Colm Featherstone
  • Colm Featherstone's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #35215 by Colm Featherstone
Replied by Colm Featherstone on topic ** Trek Domane Ebike - Pure Pleasure **
Sorry Sean, you were not a Rock boy like Mr Johnston.

palmarès: From the French word meaning ranking or prize list. A bike racer's list of achievements, accomplishments or wins.

More
3 years 2 months ago #35343 by Aidan O Leary
Replied by Aidan O Leary on topic ** Trek Domane Ebike - Pure Pleasure **
Hi Colm,
I refer to your recent test spin of the Trek Domane Lt + and was so impressed that I took myself down to J D’s and tried it out for myself.I discussed the machine with Lynda initially and Dave Mc in more detail and to make a long story short I can proudly say that I am now the owner of one of these noble steeds.
Thanks again for your recommendation of this biscycle as I was betwixt and between with other brands and now am happy with the TREK
Regards
Aidan O Leary

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds