BEGINNERS = PRESENTATION ABOUT TURBO TRAINERS AND RELATED SOFTWARE

More
3 years 10 months ago #33976 by BarryR
Some links and resources to help those who attended the online meeting last night.

Speed sensor (needed if your wheel-on trainer doesn't measure power or speed itself):
Bike24
Prices from €28 upwards.
(Bike24 is based in Germany, prompt delivery, good stock, I use them all the time)
Choose a magnet-less one that attaches to the hub of your wheel.
Read the details to make sure it's ANT+ and/or Bluetooth (or Bluetooth Low Energy - BLE).
Brands are Wahoo, Garmin, Lezyne, Bryton, Velocomputer, BBB, and others

ANT+ dongle (needed if you want to connect an ANT+ sensor to your computer):
Bike24
Prices from €20 upwards.
Various brands but they are likely all actually made in the same factory.
Wahoo sell a ANT dongle and USB extender cable together: www.bike24.com/p2189742.html

Wifi extender (needed if you have wifi problems where you want to put your trainer):
Elara
Prices from €28 upwards.
Elara is based near Clondalkin. Prompt delivery, good stock and range, good service. I use them all the time.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter McGrath

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #33977 by BarryR
[had to split my post because the forum software complained that I had too many links in it!]

Helpful information about using Zwift:
Zwift Insider
The starting point for all Zwift questions, but sometimes hard to find answers to the simple questions among all the detailed information. Try this to begin: Getting started

DCRainmaker
Absolutely the first and only place to go for independent and honest reviews of trainers and any bike related technology. Trusted by manufacturers and by users. 1000s of people don't buy any new tech until Ray says it's ok.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter McGrath

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds