Yoga for Orwell

More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #33201 by Bryan Johnston
Yoga for Orwell was created by Bryan Johnston
We all agree that we should stretch more before and after cycling. How often have you said I must stretch more or join a yoga class.
For many gym classes have closed too.
The Orwell Leisure Committee want to help you look after your total health and well being.
We are delighted to collaborate with fellow member Sinead Kennedy and bring our members a dedicated Yoga for Orwell Cyclists Class. Suitable for all, even if you cant touch your toes.
All you have to do is stay home and turn on your laptop!

Yoga for Orwell Cyclists
Live via zoom and streaming to private Facebook group.
Tuesday 25th August 8:15pm
Tuesday 1st September 8:15pm
Tuesday 8th September 8:15pm

You will need:
Space and time out from life.
Mat
Yoga block or cushions
Yoga strap or dressing gown belt or similar
Water
Window open
Zoom or Facebook

Why should cyclists do yoga? Sinead
As an Orwell club cyclists and I know how sore and tired my body can be after a hard weekend on my bike. I have designed Yoga for Cyclists especially to help cyclists recover quickly, improve flexibility & mobility while feeling amazing. Improve your cycling on the floor!

Yoga for cyclists may boost your cycling performance and help you to feel stronger and more confident on your bike. It's a safe and legal performance enhancer.

We will work on stretching sore, tired, tight legs! There will be special attention to achy hips and buns of steel. I will help you to gain mobility in your spine and release any tightness in your back. We will strengthen our core, soften sore, tired shoulders and ease out neck tension. It's basically a full service for your bike body!
Mental agility and concentration may also be enhanced. You may also sleep deeper after class helping your body and mind to rest, restore and repair.

Yoga for Orwell Cyclists is for the benefit of club members ONLY, please kindly respect this club "event" and do not share these links
Zoom : Sinead Kennedy is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Orwell Wheelers Yoga for Cyclists
Time: Aug 25, 2020 08:15 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by Louise Keane. Reason: made joining links members view only
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Kirby, Leonard Kaye, Shauna Whelan, Peter McGrath, Tom McGovern

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #33219 by Sinead Kennedy
Replied by Sinead Kennedy on topic Yoga for Orwell
HI All
Hope to see you on line on Tuesday night

I have created a NEW ZOOM link as unfortunately the first link was accidentally made public

Please do not share these links with anyone, unfortunately some people have had meetings hacked and not by nice people! We do not want any surprise visitors in class!

Please ensure if doing the class via zoom that you are logged on at 8:10pm- there is a waiting room for you. Please pop yourself on mute.

unfortunately later comers will not be let in as I will be busy teaching the class. You can opt to follow the live stream via Facebook if you prefer, might be a better option for juniors so they are not on screen.

All classes are available 24/7 on our private Facebook group please join asap. :Last minute doesn't work unfortunately as i have cameras to set up and zoom to deal with etc! I will not see your request!

NEW Links

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Mc, Luke GJ Potter, John Kirby, Colin Coffey, Leonard Kaye, Eamonn McSherry, Richard Heskin, Niall Gannon

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #33370 by Sinead Kennedy
Hi all.
See you tonight on Yoga for orwell cyclists
Just a reminder the links are the same as last week so see previous post

** please be on zoom no later than 8:10pm / it’s rather hectic with all the cameras etc for me. Class starts promptly at 8:15pn

Streaming live to our private Facebook Group too and available 24/7 there.

Please look after your self in class and if you feel something is not suitable for you leave it out. You are participating of your own accord .

Thanks and see you later
Sinéad

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #33371 by Colin Coffey
Replied by Colin Coffey on topic Yoga for Orwell
Really enjoyed the yoga last week, felt tired but great after it. Looking forward to it tonight.

More
4 years 1 week ago #33427 by Sinead Kennedy
Hi All
Tomorrow - Tuesday 8th September, 8:15pm is the last Orwell sponsored Yoga for cyclists class

All the links to join the class are in the thread-
re zoom- please log on at least 5 mins before class - late comers can hop onto the live facebook stream

Please ensure that you join the private Orwell yoga Facebook group so that you can access all the classes on playback 24/7

WINTER YOGA:
Moving forward- I have face to face classes and on line classes continuing for the winter.
If you would like to join a class please subscribe to my newsletter urgently-
I will be sending out details, locations, times and booking links on Wednesday.

Numbers are drastically restricted for face to face classes and booking is on a first come first served basis.
Online classes will still be available for those who prefer.

Please subscribe to my newsletter here before Wednesday to ensure you get yoga and Pilates class details :

www.sineadekennedy.com/mailing-list.html

More
4 years 1 week ago #33434 by Colin Coffey
Replied by Colin Coffey on topic Yoga for Orwell
Thanks for the class last night Sinead, it was great, slept like a baby after it, and my troublesome right hip flexor was much better today.
Shame that was the last one.

More
4 years 1 week ago #33435 by Ivan O'Brien
Replied by Ivan O'Brien on topic Yoga for Orwell
Had a great session yesterday evening with Sinead: if you weren't there, you lost out!
It's rare to have an stretch-and-strength session that takes account of the particular issues with cycling -- ankles, knees, back etc all need different management than for other sports.
Would certainly recommend you watch back and consider joining her for real-world sessions over the winter.
Thanks Sinead!

More
4 years 1 week ago #33436 by Sinead Kennedy
YOur welcome gang!
Really enjoyed teaching you all. The facebook group will stay live for a few weeks so that you can do repeat sessions! Or come to a class ! ( we do yoga in spain too in march!!)

More
4 years 1 week ago #33437 by Sinead Kennedy
YOur welcome gang!
Really enjoyed teaching you all. The facebook group will stay live for a few weeks so that you can do repeat sessions! Or come to a class ! ( we do yoga in spain too in march!!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luke GJ Potter

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds