Saturday 9th December Focus Charity Spin with free Coffee Stop and Free raffle

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #24989 by John Duignan
A good start to the Christmas and for a crackin' cause too . This Charity Spin is linked in with a few events this month to help pay the deposit on an apartment to take a family out of homelessness in an exciting development Focus are building in St Johns Lane Dublin 8. Any funds raised on the day are totally ring fenced for this purpose.
This Non official spin is for all members of Orwell Wheelers and friends who have Cycling Ireland Insurance. If you are not for any reason cycling on the day , pop in and join us anyway at the coffee stop .
There is NO entrance fee and FREE coffee/ tea and buns AND a Free raffle with Make- a -Biker- Happy Prizes . What's not to love ?
The Coffee stop location will be open from 10:00 hours at the Little Flower Hall - Holy Redeemer Parish Centre - Bray .

The cycle will be leaving from opposite Joe Daly's as follows :
0910 hours Red - Orange
0920 hours White - Yellow

The route ( subject to change depending on weather ) for White and Yellow is
Burrow Road - Kilternan - Berry Fields - Bray Coffee stop
Home by Old Conna Road
Red -Orange will be a longer variant
Val's Variant : Yellow route : via Rathfarnham- Killalee Viewing Point- Enniskerry Bray : if the weather plays ball

Do come along and plan your Christmas Orwell Party !
Excellent Prizes in Free Raffle !
Optional donation to a really worthwhile cause this Christmas

To learn more or if you would like to make a donation please go to
:
give.everydayhero.com/ie/let-s-house-a-family

Hope to see you all there !

Here is a picture of the planned development which is now at foundation stage : Any money raised goes to secure a mortgage on one of the apartments for a homeless family.

John
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by John Duignan. Reason: Making Clickable link to EveryDayHero
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis Gleeson, Tony McDowell, Leonard Kaye, Monica Coll, Stefan Foster, Evan Hughes

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #24993 by Stefan Foster
Great cause John, I will support and be there! Thanks. Stef
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Duignan

More
6 years 10 months ago #24994 by John Duignan
Thank you Stef
Getting lots of support from club members - Im expecting it will be a great day.John

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #24995 by Leonard Kaye
Hi John

Super idea, there are lots of people offering to help, i'll pass on their names, e.g. leading spin groups, and assisting at the coffee stop. This really links in with the upcoming Christmas season, and the club party that night.

Leonard
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Leonard Kaye.

More
6 years 10 months ago #24996 by Sinead Kennedy
Apologies I won’t make the spin. Best wishes with it. I will make a donation online for this very worthy cause
Well done to all involved

More
6 years 10 months ago #24997 by John Duignan
Hi Sinead
You get two free tickets to the raffle ( one extra instead of the scone ! ) ; I really appreciate you getting behind this cause - every penny Focus gets is ring fenced to build a Family apartment in their development in St Johns Lane Dublin 8. The response we have had to date has been so good that I really believe we will make our target by Christmas . Regards John

More
6 years 10 months ago #24998 by John Duignan
Thank you Leonard
The very positive response from club members to help out has been extraordinary. Thank you for passing on the names .. what a great way to starting Christmas .

More
6 years 10 months ago #24999 by John Duignan
Thanks for sorting out the link Luke !!

More
6 years 9 months ago #25021 by Denis Gleeson
John,

This is a very worthy cause and one that I am very happy to support. I will be there on the 9th December.

I would love to see as many Orwell members join us on the cycle to Bray. A free coffee and your chance to take one family out of homelessness.

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #25023 by John Duignan
Thank you Denis !

[attachment=1055]
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by John Duignan.

More
6 years 9 months ago #25034 by Leonard Kaye
SPIN UPDATE

Details of: leaders and alternative routes will be posted, for this Focus Ireland charity spin, early next week.

The coffee shop/stop in Bray will be open from 10:30 to 12:00. Hopefully this gives you enough time have a short or longer spin. You can, if you wish, just drive down for the free: coffee, buns and raffle.

Cheers,
Leonard
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monica Coll, Evan Hughes

More
6 years 9 months ago #25041 by Val Smith
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonard Kaye, Monica Coll, John Murray, Rachel McCluskey

More
6 years 9 months ago #25043 by Monica Coll
Looking forward to this, thanks Val.
I cycle past a young man living in a tent nearly every day close to where I live. A reminder of how unequal our society is.

Great idea for a great charity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Murray

More
6 years 9 months ago #25049 by Leonard Kaye
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Duignan, John Murray

More
6 years 9 months ago #25064 by Leonard Kaye
Attachments:

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #25066 by John Duignan
Thank you Leonard
Santa's sack is still being filled with great prizes for the Coffee Stop FREE Raffle :

* Colm Featherstone Textiles : Two beautiful Calvin Klein tops
* Hollingsworth Cycles : Two Store vouchers
* Local Elves , Fairies & Goblins : Mysterious prizes to enhance your Life
... Charm your Partner
.... Help you find True Meaning In Life
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonard Kaye

More
6 years 9 months ago #25073 by John Duignan
Really cold out there tonight so could be treacherous in the morning.. Leaders will make decision and cycle from Joes will be from 10 AM if condidtions alloow.

Good coffee scones & cakes and great prizes in free raffle still on tomorrow ! If you are not biking , drop in for a coffee anyway .

Three homeless dead since we first posted.. 3000 children every night since without a home ... any help you can give this cause will be a " concrete " way of changing Life for the better for at least one family this Christmas . Thank you for all the help and positive vibes from so many in Orwell since this campaign started !

More
6 years 9 months ago #25074 by John Duignan
Val and other leaders will make a call on cycle this AM - put back to 10 AM at Joes.

Really cold out there tonight so could be treacherous in the morning..
Good coffee scones & cakes and great prizes in free raffle still on tomorrow ! If you are not biking , drop in for a coffee anyway .

Three homeless dead since we first posted.. 3000 children every night since without a home ... any help you can give this cause will be a " concrete " way of changing Life for the better for at least one family this Christmas . Thank you for all the help and positive vibes from so many in Orwell since this campaign started !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis Gleeson

More
6 years 9 months ago #25078 by Leonard Kaye
Some Pictures from the Focus Ireland Spin today

Cheers
Leonard

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #25079 by John Duignan
A really big Thank You for all who turned out for this morning charity Spin in aid of raising the money for a deposit on an apartment for a Homeless family in the Focus development in St John’s Lane , Dublin 8. Between donations on the day and online donations €2000 was raised for this cause by Orwell. Orwell members Clare Keogh , Leonard Kaye, Kim Westby and Colin Coffey gave selflessly of their time to run the event . Bryan Johnston and Ger Coffey ( Mr Orange ) and Colm Featherstone sponsored prizes .

Some lucky Wheelers had left before the prize draw :

Paul Dolan
Sinead Kennedy
Richard Mc Sherry
Rodney Phelan
Ronan Simms
Val Smith

Please contact me at 086 322 4405 to arrange collecting your prize !

John

Time to create page: 1.547 seconds