Winter Spins Roster 2017-18

• Colm Featherstone
  • Colm Featherstone's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #24777 by Colm Featherstone
Winter Spins Roster 2017-18 was created by Colm Featherstone
The spin roster for 2017- 2018, is now posted on the forum. (See side bar)

Leaders for the white & yellow spins have been allocated, so please check the dates allocated to you.

If you have any issue with the date allocated, do a swap on the forum, www.orwellwheelers.org/forum/leisure-pub...8-leader-swap-thread

As you are aware, normally the Orange spins are self led but this year we are suggesting that it would be preferable if a leader is nominated on the day before leaving Dundrum. To this end a few names have been suggested of persons who are competent to take charge of an Orange group. The names are on the roster, and can be added to or deleted if needs be. Let’s try this out and see how we get on. Please note this is in addition to any spin you are allocated on the Yellow & White list

Pease note the following for every spin.

The Orange group will meet under the Luas Bridge

The Dispatcher should ensure that the dedicated team leader briefs his group before leaving Dundrum.

10 Riders per group, plus two leaders.

For safety reasons you cannot jump on the back of a group, that has left Dundrum, thus increasing the numbers.

Thanks to Joe Fitzpatrick and Luke Potter for all there help.

And remember “Winter miles bring safer Summer smiles”

Colm F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jules De Meester, Ken Moloney, Stefan Foster

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #25273 by Luke GJ Potter
Replied by Luke GJ Potter on topic Winter Spins Roster 2017-18
I was just checking the route for tomorrow (27th January - JD-066-B-NMK (66km, 1000m) ), it has a dodgy entrance to the first climb up to Woodside Lane (no turning box on the road) and it comes back along the N11 for an insane amount of time.

I duplicated and edited the route and Strava and these dodgy segments are as a result of Strava Route Builder's "Popular" function. I made changes the the route, which adds 4km and 200m of climbing.

I'll rock out with the Yellow group tomorrow, and follow my own route home.

New Route: JD-066-B-NMK-2 (71km, 1200m) .
The first turn is now at Lambs Cross and then at Lamb Doyles ... Then from Newtown Mount Kennedy its straight to Roundwood.

Looks dry and windy tomorrow.

GPX file: new route . For Garmin Edge x10 and below, put the file into Garmin/Garmin/New Files
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eugène SKIL, Padraig Cunningham

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.569 seconds