French Alpine Cycle Trip 26th August for 4 or 7 days

More
7 years 3 months ago #23219 by Paul Cullen
Hi,

I am just putting this back on line with a few adjustments…

I am planning to do a week of cycling in the Alps at the end of August and was wondering if a few like minded souls would like to join me.
It would be a 4 or 7 day trip, Saturday 29th to Wednesday 30th or Saturday 2nd September.

This is not part of a Haute route or any organised ride.
Two of the better known routes would be, Col de Joux Plan which Lance Armstrong said "was the hardest day of his cycling life" (even the drugs didn’t help!), The late Marco Pantani did it in 33 minutes ! It also featured in the last mountain stage of the 2016 tour with the finish in Morzine.

Also in the area is the Col de la Colombiere which has featured 20 times in the tour.
We will have a planned out route each day, if you wish to follow it.

Some details:

Flights would be from Dublin to Geneva leaving on Saturday the 26th and returning the following Wednesday or Saturday.
At the moment flights are around €175 return with Aer Lingus.
Aer Lingus will not guarantee to take the bike, if they do it will be €100 return but fret not, bike rental is available.
For example a Giant Defy Pro with Disc brakes is around €220 for 5 days

Depending on numbers, transfer from Geneva to Les Gets, a one hour trip will cost between €50 - €70 return per person.

Accommodation is in a wonderful alpine lodge in the village of Les Gets. (www.lesgets.com)

Again, price is based on numbers and will be in the range of €365 - €410 based on 2 people per room.
It is a fully catered chalet and price includes breakfast, dinner and lunch, drinks also included. A tripadvisor review said "As good as a Michelin Star" with all reviews marked as excellent. (www.chalets-letgets.com). I had the pleasure of staying there during Tour de France last summer, the French chef Raphael cooks the most amazing food which will help to chill out after a day in the mountains.
Laundry available in the chalet for all that smelly cycling gear, no looking for hand dryers!

At the moment we have 8 people so just wondering if a few Orwellians would care to join us.
The flights would need to be booked by yourself. I can take care of the rest.

So if you have any questions, please ask or log into the forum and you can contact me by email

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Talk soon,

Paul Cullen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds