Randonnee - Call for Volunteers

• Fergal O'Sullivan
  • Fergal O'Sullivan's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #21075 by Fergal O'Sullivan
Randonnee - Call for Volunteers was created by Fergal O'Sullivan
Folks

It is that time of the year again when the club organise what is possibly the toughest Randonnee on the calendar. As usual it is on the last Saturday in April which this year is the 29th of April.

We like to make a few changes each year to keep people coming back, this year for the first time we are adding in the “Randonnee Lite” which is a shorter version with a bit less climbing

As mentioned each year in the feed back we get is the level of Marshalling and support that we have on the day is second to none, this would not be possible without your help.

The Randonnee could not be the success it is with the support of the club members, each year we require in the region of 80 Volunteers. As part of the organising committee, I am looking for volunteers to assist us on the day. The tasks that we need to cover are:

• Route Marshalls
• Catering
• Registration

If you are available to help can you please reply back to email you received or email me directly at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

Phone Number
Will you have a car on the day
Availability – Morning
Afternoon
All Day

If you could reply to me as soon as possible and let me know your availability.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colm Egan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Fergal O'Sullivan
More
7 years 7 months ago #21263 by Fergal O'Sullivan
Replied by Fergal O'Sullivan on topic Randonnee - Call for Volunteers
Folks

Just bumping this up to remind people that we are still looking for people to help out with the Randonnee -

Don't worry you will get a chance to ride the route as there will be a Marshals version of it on the Monday.

If you are free to on the day please can you please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. confirming your availability.

More
7 years 7 months ago #21268 by Leonard Kaye
Replied by Leonard Kaye on topic Randonnee - Call for Volunteers
There will be no: Wicklow 100 or 200 training spins, or other official leisure club spins, on the day of the Randonnee so, why not give marshaling a go.

Cheers,
Leonard
Leisure Rep.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Twomey

• Fergal O'Sullivan
More
7 years 5 months ago #21785 by Fergal O'Sullivan
Folks

With just over 4 weeks to go we are still short on volunteers for the Randonnee. To ensure that the event maintains the high quality of marshalling etc that it has become know for we need more people to help out on the day.

Don't worry about not being able to cycle the event as there will be an organised version of it on the Monday for the people who gave up their time to help the club out with one of the major events we organise.

If you are free to help please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Regards

Fergal
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Twomey, Louise Keane

More
7 years 5 months ago #21849 by Aoife Ross
Replied by Aoife Ross on topic Randonnee - Call for Volunteers
Hey Fergal

I sent an email and What's App message - not sure you got them. I'll be happy to help out on the day/ evening before.

• Fergal O'Sullivan
More
7 years 5 months ago #22165 by Fergal O'Sullivan
Folks

With just under 3 weeks to go to the Randonnee we are still short on numbers for marshalling on the day.

In all of the feed back that we get from people who take on the challenge each year the one thing that they all comment on is the number of Marshalls, helpers etc that are visible on the day-

For people who do want to Cycle the event there is an organised cycle on the Monday that will cover the route so you will not be missing out.

If you are free to help out can you please email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. letting me know if you are available all day / half day and if you will have a car.

For People who have already volunteered thank you - I will be in contact over the next week or so to let you know when the Marshall night will be on and to let you know what slots you are in.

Just remember this is YOUR clubs event and YOUR club needs YOU to run the event.

Thanks

Fergal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise Keane

More
7 years 5 months ago #22180 by Louise Keane
Replied by Louise Keane on topic Randonnee - Call for Volunteers
Just bumping this back up to the top;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aoife Ross

More
7 years 5 months ago #22286 by Peter Tormey
Replied by Peter Tormey on topic Randonnee - Call for Volunteers
Louise, I'll be available up to early afternoon. I will have a car
Peter Tormey

• Fergal O'Sullivan
More
7 years 4 months ago #22336 by Fergal O'Sullivan
Folks

Firstly thank you to everyone who has responded to our call for volunteers for the Randonnee - if I haven't responded to you directly don't worry - everyone's name is on the list.

I will be sending out a mail later this evening with details of the Marshall night and the roles that people will have.

Regards

Fergal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonard Kaye

• Fergal O'Sullivan
More
7 years 4 months ago #22338 by Fergal O'Sullivan
Folks

As mentioned previously I will be sending out a mail later this evening re the Randonnee, this is just to let you all know for people who have offered to help there is a session on Thursday in BCS at 19.30 to go over the activities.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Coulcher, Aoife Ross, Tony Lowry

• Fergal O'Sullivan
More
7 years 4 months ago #22347 by Fergal O'Sullivan
Folks

Just to remind people that there is a session tomorrow evening for the volunteers for the Randonnee -

Ballinteer Community School at 19.30

If you have been assigned to Sign on or Catering duties there is no need to attend tomorrow as John / Louise or Muirna will be in contact with you.

Fergal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise Keane, Brendan Roche

More
7 years 4 months ago #22409 by Aoife Ross
Replied by Aoife Ross on topic Randonnee - Call for Volunteers
Hi Fergal

Thanks again to you and the team for organising such a great event! Really smooth operation, so well done

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds