Stepping up to a 200km and Stepping into Audaxing?

More
2 years 11 months ago #35794 by Leonard Kaye
Are you interested in Stepping up to a 200km and Stepping into Audaxing?

Over the winter period, I will be organising monthly training spins for people who are interested in entering the Orwell 200 KM audax scheduled for March 2022.

The spins will gradually build up from 100km, to get you ready to complete your first 200 km audax.  The spins will be mostly on a Saturday.

If you are curious about the above and if you are a white or yellow rider then read on.

If you are an orange or red rider then this is not for you.

If you have completed a 200 then this is not for you either. 

If interested please email me at
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
giving me: 

Your Name 
Mobile
Indicating your cycling pace
Stating the furthest distance, you have cycled and when.  

Many thanks, 
Leonard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Danny Moriarty

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #35853 by Leonard Kaye
Replied by Leonard Kaye on topic Stepping up to a 200km and Stepping into Audaxing?
We had a great response to the first time 200/audaxers group.

We have 8 leaders and 16 first-timers. If you signed up you should have been added to the What's App group.
If you have not been added. Please message me at

This message contains confidential information

Cheers Leonard
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Leonard Kaye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Danny Moriarty

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #35967 by Leonard Kaye
Replied by Leonard Kaye on topic Stepping up to a 200km and Stepping into Audaxing?

Thanks to: Valerie, Andrew, Adam and Michael for leading our first audax training spin last Saturday. Our focus is the Orwell 200: scheduled for Sun 20 March 2022.
15 of our group set off on our first spin, 105km+, which covered some of the Orwell 200 audax route.
We enjoyed a pre-ordered breakfast in Dowling's Bar & Restaurant, Prosperous. Well worth a visit, with lots of free tea/coffee refills and extra toast.

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Leonard Kaye.

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #36049 by Leonard Kaye
Great news for audaxing in Orwell.
There are specifically 3 what's app groups catering for Orwell audaxers.

25 members in the newbie/first time 200 audaxers.
This is a combination of 7 leaders and 17 hopefuls who are out training at least once a month on spins over 100km.

And 29 members in the first time audaxers group (They all have completed a 200km spin). This is a self-led group also out training once a month on spins over 100km.

And 43 in the general Orwell audax group. Which is a mixture of experienced audaxers, who are currently completing audaxers of over 200km on a monthly basis, and others who are curious about audaxing.
if you are interested in joining one of these groups email me at

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Cheers,
Leonard
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Leonard Kaye.

Time to create page: 0.710 seconds