2018 PRO Role Vacant - Role Description

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #24818 by Luke GJ Potter
2018 PRO Role Vacant - Role Description was created by Luke GJ Potter
Hi all,

I stepped down as PRO at the AGM. I have a good year. But I have other goals that need my full attention.
There wasn't a replacement, so it was proposed that I post the Role Description here, in the hopes that someone would step up.

Towards the end, I seen the role more as Club Historian for 2017. The main example of this was Brian Ahern's Man of the Rás 2004 article, where he reflected years later that he beat Mark Cavandish. We'll have to go over the recent ras stage results to see if we had a rider beat Lukas Pöstlberger.

The role involves:
  • Interaction with the prospective members via e-mail and Facebook messenger.
  • Publishing articles, most of the content will come from the article author, or in the case of a club event it can be copied and pasted from previous years (changing the date).
  • Posting the Club's Events, Important Forum Posts and Articles on Facebook, Leisure and Racing WhatsApp groups (as needed) and Twitter. In the case of events, expanding the sphere of influence to the Cycling section of Boards.ie and the Facebook Cycling Groups
  • It needs a tiny bit of HTML editing for the Articles. Setting the width, height and thumbnail images.
    width="600px" class="thumbnail"
  • Some work with images (cropping, auto-enhance of poorly lit images). Basic features of Instagram, Google Photos, iCloud Photos and Windows Photos.
  • Contacting Photographers to get their permission to use the photos in the articles.
  • I monitored the Racing Results to get publish them on the 2017 Racing Banter thread.
  • Asking members for articles, as I would like to see the successes and ...stories... to be heard by all members. It eases the awkward silences at the Social Nights.
  • Going to committee meetings in Dundrum, once a month, taking notes. (and settling meandering conversations with my iPad).

This year, I let the ball drop on the "5 Minutes with Series", as I forgot to get candidates.
I made an extra effort on the Women's Crit League results, making Eurosport-esque results photos (to empress Declan Quigley :D ) as promoting Women's Cycling is a big goal for this club. The content of the reports was provided by Ciara and Yvonne.
I moved most of the spreadsheets to Google Docs, to make updateable by the owner in real time.

It can be a bit hectic in April and May when the Women's Crit League and Randonee (and formally the Noel O'Neill) were all publishing content together. It'll be pretty tame until then, unless you want to get some "5 mins with" articles on the go.

I can give an on-going handover, plus the previous PROs are good for advice.
It's a very important role and one that needs filling.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Brian Mc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fergal O'Sullivan, Donal O'Connor, Andrew Potts, Leonard Kaye, Gillian Baker, Patrick Malone, Barry Greene

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #24822 by Bryan Geary
Replied by Bryan Geary on topic 2018 PRO Role Vacant - Role Description
well done on 2017, Luke.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luke GJ Potter

More
6 years 10 months ago #24825 by Donal O'Connor
Replied by Donal O'Connor on topic 2018 PRO Role Vacant - Role Description
Yes Luke, fair play. Hopefully someone with similar IT or Twitter skills might volunteer.

More
6 years 10 months ago #24829 by Eugène SKIL
Replied by Eugène SKIL on topic 2018 PRO Role Vacant - Role Description
You don't need similar IT skills - putting articles up on the site is very straightforward.

I think just enthusiasm for the club and for wanting to let members know whats going on is whats needed in a volunteer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Potts, Gillian Baker

More
6 years 9 months ago #25106 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic 2018 PRO Role Vacant - Role Description
Just a reminder that we're still looking for a PRO.

Computer skills are an advantage, but not a necessity. If you can use Facebook, you'll manage grand! And between Luke and myself we can show you the ropes besides.

Usual jobs include:
- Facebook/Twitter pages and responding to messages there
- publishing articles on the site (it's got a user-friendly interface for doing this)
- posting news from the committee on the forum, social media, etc.
- posting reminders of events on the forum, etc.

I've heard a couple of comments lately that the club is lacking in communication at present, and the main reason is that we're still missing someone to promote news and events.

If you could manage an hour or two a week, along with a monthly committee meeting, you'd be very much appreciated!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gillian Baker

More
6 years 8 months ago #25155 by Gillian Baker
Replied by Gillian Baker on topic 2018 PRO Role Vacant - Role Description
Echoing the lads shout out above to fill this position.

If you are Facebook savvy, a bit of a tweeter, well then the rest can be picked up with a bit of practice.

All support is very much appreciated. Please, please give it ago ;-)

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds