Long rides on Zwift

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #33912 by Ross Hamilton
Long rides on Zwift was created by Ross Hamilton
Hi Everyone

In effort to maintain some training volume through the winter and lockdown restrictions I will be hosting a long zwift ride most weekends.

This is a no drop ride 3+ Hrs aiming to complete one of the larger zwift badges each ride.

Normally kick off at 9:15 Saturday.

Usually a fair amount of chat and banter so if anyone would like to join in just add me via the companion app and I will invite you.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Ross Hamilton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise Keane, Aoife Parker-Hedderman, Zoheb Khan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #34056 by John B McElligott
Replied by John B McElligott on topic Long rides on Zwift
Hey Ross - I tried to join last Saturday, though it just didn't work for some reason, and I wasnt able to join the group. I did the spin solo anyway, though it was a pity.

Any idea why it didn't work?

I hope to actually join this coming Saturday

More
3 years 9 months ago #34139 by Ross Hamilton
Replied by Ross Hamilton on topic Long rides on Zwift
Hi John,

In my experience its usually one of two issues (provided you have accepted the invite).

1. If you are even a few seconds late the group ride feature locks you out. This is a Zwift thing there is no way to allow someone in late. You can join as a ride with but there will be no rubber banding. In short you gotta be on the bike in the pen with 5mins to go.

2. There are weird glitches which kick or break groups. This can be Wifi related or just a zwift thing. I have had it where it wouldnt allow me into my own ride. Not much you can do.

It's not perfect unfortunately but also little the organiser can do but arrange and ride. I will be running them most weekend's though so try not let it put you off.

More
3 years 9 months ago #34141 by BarryR
Replied by BarryR on topic Long rides on Zwift
Fyi, Zwift recently relaxed the strict turn-up-on-time requirement for meetups. It now lets you join up to 30 minutes after the start, and transports you to join the group wherever they are. However, I have seen this function misbehave in recent rides, where the rubber banding didn't bring the late joiner into the group as it should have.

Best advice is what Ross said: always be logged in and in the pen ready to go at least 5 minutes before the scheduled start.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds