First Aid Course 7th March

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #31847 by Louise Keane
Spaces available on First Aid Course 22nd Feb was created by Louise Keane
The club is running the first of some 1 day First Aid Courses this Saturday the 22nd of Feb. There are 3 spaces available at the moment - please post below if you would like to attend.

The details:

The details - where and when:
Saturday 22nd Feb
The Track clubhouse, Eamonn Ceannt Park, Sundrive road, Dublin, Ireland 12
9.30am to 5pm approx (depending on breaks!)

Cost:
We are getting a very good discount from the provider, with this help the cost of this course would normally be €50 per head but the club is subsidising half so it will be €25 per person and you will get certification for 2 years in return.

The course providers:
The course is being run by a company called Venturesafe ( www.venturesafe.ie .)

From their emails:
"The course will include all of your list, In addition crucially I will also cover Cardiac Arrest and AED use, as well as anaphylaxis, heat stoke, hypothermia and dehydration.

For cyclists I concentrate a bit more on their most common traumas, such as wrist and lower arm fractures, fractured collar bones, dislocated shoulders etc. I also add in using stuff you are likely to carry for treatment. Such as inner tubes for slings & splints, pumps and seat posts for splints and using cycling specific clothing ( I m sure a percentage of your group will have cycled and be in their gear anyway)

I have run the course previously for triathlon clubs and the HQ staff of Triathlon Ireland."

Each student will receive :
A pocket mask, with case and gloves
A face Shield on a key ring
A Basic First Aid manual
Red emergency card
FAST assessment card
Relevant handouts.

Names for 22nd of Feb:
1.Colm Featherstone
2. Bryan Johnston
3. Val Smith
4. Andrew Potts
5. Kashif Qayyum
6. John Collins
7. Tony Walsh
8. ?
9. ?
10. ?
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Louise Keane.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #31880 by Louise Keane
Replied by Louise Keane on topic Spaces available on First Aid Course 22nd Feb
Well done to everyone who completed the First Aid Course today! By all accounts it was an excellent day with loads of practical information learnt - now we just hope they never need to use it!

We will be running another course on Saturday the 7th of March and at the moment there are 2 spaces available. Please reply to this thread if you would like to be included. If we get enough interest we may run more courses in the future.

Some photos from today thanks to John Collins and Colm Featherstone.

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Louise Keane.

More
4 years 6 months ago #31907 by Louise Keane
Replied by Louise Keane on topic Spaces available on First Aid Course 22nd Feb
The First Aid course for the 7th of March is now full.

The course will take place in the Kilcross Resource Center, 1 Kilcross Square, Sandyford starting at 9.30am. There will be tea/coffee available and for lunch a choice of Ground Cafe in or The Sandyford House pub in Sandyford Village - a short walk, cycle or drive from the center.

1. Louise Keane
2. Orla Hendron
3. Lorna Reilly
4. Leonard Kaye
5. Paul Tighe
6. John Turner
7. Kathryn Keogh
8. Eamonn McSherry
9. Grainne Coghlan
10. Eammon Byrne

More
4 years 6 months ago #31941 by Louise Keane
Replied by Louise Keane on topic First Aid Course 7th March
For those who are attending the First Aid Course on the 7th of March:

The details - where and when:
Saturday 7th March
Kilcross Community Resource Centre, 1 Kilcross Way, Sandyford, D18 (goo.gl/maps/x7VK1GjBWPbsQANx7)
9.30am to 5pm approx (depending on breaks!)
I'll be there on Saturday morning so if you cant find the venue give me a shout and I'll give directions.

Cost:
We are getting a very good discount from the provider, with this help the cost of this course would normally be €50 per head but the club is subsidising half so it will be €25 per person and you will get certification for 2 years in return. You can give cash to me on Saturday morning if that suits you best

The course providers:

The course is being run by a company called Venturesafe (www.venturesafe.ie).

From their emails:
"The course will include all of your list, In addition crucially I will also cover Cardiac Arrest and AED use, as well as anaphylaxis, heat stoke, hypothermia and dehydration.

For cyclists I concentrate a bit more on their most common traumas, such as wrist and lower arm fractures, fractured collar bones, dislocated shoulders etc. I also add in using stuff you are likely to carry for treatment. Such as inner tubes for slings & splints, pumps and seat posts for splints and using cycling specific clothing ( I m sure a percentage of your group will have cycled and be in their gear anyway)

I have run the course previously for triathlon clubs and the HQ staff of Triathlon Ireland."

Each student will receive :
A pocket mask, with case and gloves
A face Shield on a key ring
A Basic First Aid manual
Red emergency card
FAST assessment card
Relevant handouts.

Names for 7th of March:
1. Louise Keane
2. Orla Hendron
3. Lorna Reilly
4. Leonard Kaye
5. Paul Tighe
6. John Turner
7. Kathryn Keogh
8. Eamonn McSherry
9. Grainne Coghlan
10. Paul Atkinson

There is tea and coffee making facility at the center for breaks - we will organise some essential supplies?

There are a couple of options in Sandyford Village for lunch - Ground Cafe and The Sandyford House Pub, both are within a 10 min walk of the venue

Also we are looking forward to your feedback after the course
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonard Kaye

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds