Orwell Indoor Velodrome trip to Alkmaar - Expressions of interest

More
5 years 2 months ago #30209 by Daniel McElroy
Orwell Trip to an Indoor Velodrome

I'm looking for expressions of interest for a trip to the velodrome in Alkmaar. Please post below if you are interested. (or join the track whatsapp and post there:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
)

I don't know availability of the track yet but I'm hoping that we can go either the last week of July, or a weekend in August.

As we had difficulty getting numbers previously, I will only investigate track availability if we get enough names in the hat. Once we have a date set, we'll need a deposit ASAP.

Price wise, no numbers yet, but the last trip 3 years ago cost ~440 (including flights, 2 nights accomodation, breakfast and dinner, track hire with 3 coached sessions and bike hire). Orwell will contribute part of the cost. It's likely to cost more than this as flights in July/August may be more expensive.

Accreditation not absolutely necessary but recommended.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #30212 by Aidan Hammond
Hi Daniel, great idea, just a suggestion
might it be best looking at this for later in the year eg October? A lot of people away in August on holidays etc also might be more fun in the winter off the road at that stage,

More
5 years 2 months ago #30213 by Daniel McElroy
Hi Aidan,
The July/August dates are to cater for those training for the team/senior/masters nationals in August an September and the world masters in October.

Having said that, the trip is open to all riders and I'd love if we could get some new riders along who may have had an interest but have never managed to make it down to Sundrive. The sessions are coached and we'll have the track to ourselves. This means that everyone will be looked after whether they are training for something specific or not.

It is a good point and it could be worth looking into having a winter trip also!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aidan Hammond

More
5 years 2 months ago #30244 by Daniel McElroy
I now have 9 names and 2 "maybes" for this trip. Still need a few more definites to go ahead.

I have opened the trip up to non-orwell riders so, if you want a spot, shout now!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ciara Kinch

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds