Midweek Evening Hills Tues 26th/Thurs 28th

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #7754 by Garret Connolly
Midweek Evening Hills Tues 26th/Thurs 28th was created by Garret Connolly
Hi All

Planning on a lovely couple of 'easy' evening spins post Sean Kelly next week. Usual rules apply and all standards will be catered for. If the group is big enough we'll split it into a white group and yellow/orange level....All welcome and no one will ever be left behind but remember it's a very hilly route for both nights so experience of some hills would be required.

Both days are meeting at Yellow House 615pm.

Tuesday Proposed Route will be:
Kilmashogue Hill, Ticknock Hill, Lamb Doyles, Blue Light, Stepaside, Foxes via Burrow, Pine Forest , Cruagh, Home. Should be 50km with lots of climbing. Approx would be 1000m

Thursday Proposed Route
Blue Light-Foxes-Devils Elbow-1st Wall-Powerscourt-Liam Horner Climb-Featherbeds Home
around 55-60km with 1200m approx.

Bring lights, helmets, 2 water bottles and your climbing legs

See you all over the week

Garret

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #7774 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Midweek Evening Hills Tues 26th/Thurs 28th
hard to believe right now but the forecast is looking good tomorrow eve! Slight route change for Tuesday. Plan is Ticknock, Kilmashogue, then Lamb Doyles, Stepaside then up to Fox's via Burrow. Slightly less kms but still a decent test. See you all at 615pm

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #7788 by Philippe Bourdarias
Replied by Philippe Bourdarias on topic Midweek Evening Hills Tues 26th/Thurs 28th
Hi,
I've never been with the group and I may be able to join tonight. Where is the yellow house?
Philippe

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #7789 by Greg Farrell
Replied by Greg Farrell on topic Midweek Evening Hills Tues 26th/Thurs 28th
goo.gl/maps/rP0Qa

It's in Rathfarnham

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #7796 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Midweek Evening Hills Tues 26th/Thurs 28th
Hi All

This Thursday will be my last evening cycle I'll be able to lead out this year. Due to increased work commitments I'll be swamped from here on so will have to leave you to it over the next 4 weeks before you run out of light.

I won't be doing any more forum posts or emails about the evening cycles so if someone wants to continue then feel free to post up here. If I'm able to I'll continue to come out the odd one myself but will not be able to guarantee to lead out anymore.

It's been a great 5 months of both tues and thurs evening cycling although the weather has always played ball... thanks for everyone who came out.

See you all again next year in April for evening cycling when it restarts.

cheers

Garret
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Coulcher, Greg Farrell, John Anslow, Colin Caesar

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #7800 by Dan Coulcher
Replied by Dan Coulcher on topic Midweek Evening Hills Tues 26th/Thurs 28th
Big thanks Gar for creating a new club institution. It's a ride that most parents find easier to get out on than the weekends.

I might be able to lead on Tuesday.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #7803 by Colin Caesar
Replied by Colin Caesar on topic Midweek Evening Hills Tues 26th/Thurs 28th
Thanks Garret for all the good work. Really enjoyed these evening over the last few months.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #7804 by John Anslow
Replied by John Anslow on topic Midweek Evening Hills Tues 26th/Thurs 28th
Thanks Gareth
Definitely improved up them hills over the summer months-though still a long way off most of you

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds