Saturday morning yellow spin, Joe Daly's 08:30

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #7694 by Greg Farrell
NB, Leaving Joe Daly's this time.

I'll be doing a yellow paced long hilly spin from Joe Daly's on Saturday morning at 8:30. Any faster types are very welcome as long as you're happy with a recovery spin pace.

The route is Joe Daly's, Enniskerry, Long Hill, Larragh, Shay Elliot Northern climb, Shay Elliot Southern climb*, Larragh, Coffee & Cake, Sally Gap, Yellow House.

* - there'll be a check-point at the bottom of the Shay to make sure you really do all of both climbs!**
** - no there won't!

98 km and 1728m according to Strava
www.strava.com/routes/818594

We had 8 of us on Saturday and almost picked up Stephen Roche who stopped to chat with us in Enniskerry until we told him how much climbing we were planning. It'll probably be a bit quieter this weekend with the Sean Kelly Tour on but hopefully see a few of you out anyway.

Greg
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Greg Farrell.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #7742 by Colm Egan
Replied by Colm Egan on topic Saturday morning yellow spin, Joe Daly's 08:30
Greg i hope to be there at joes in the morning 8.30 but as usual if i am going i will be there well before 8.30 so dont wait - in other words RULE 87 applies!!!

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #7743 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Saturday morning yellow spin, Joe Daly's 08:30
if you're not there it means you didn't listen to rule 5 or 9 and for that matter 1

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #7744 by Colm Egan
looks like SOMEONE has swallowed the rule book! enjoy sk garret wish i was there...

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #7745 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Saturday morning yellow spin, Joe Daly's 08:30
never even seen the book...hear you quote them so regularly it's hard not to get to know them!

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #7746 by Greg Farrell
Replied by Greg Farrell on topic Saturday morning yellow spin, Joe Daly's 08:30

in other words RULE 87 applies!!!

"Bicycle jousting while wearing full clown costume is only allowable on a Tuesday morning between 09:30 and 10:00 hours, or at any time while riding a Trek bike."

I'm not seeing the relevance, Colm? Did you buy a Trek?

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #7762 by Colm Egan
Greg first of all hope the spin went well this morning and you had a few with you - sorry i couldnt make it but will be there next sat. more importantly your blatant misquoting of the rules - a very "garretesque" error and one that really should be reported directly to the keepers of the cog! beware!!
I gave Tom Wynne my copy of the rules so when he has learned them off by heart( yeah right!) i will ask him to pass it to you and then YOU can have the task of educating the scarlet pimpernell himself Garret of said rules. see you sarurday

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #7764 by Greg Farrell
Replied by Greg Farrell on topic Saturday morning yellow spin, Joe Daly's 08:30
Thanks for the educational offer, Colm. I always say that you're never too old for learning ;)

The spin was excellent - a bit nippy but sunny and a nice route with lots of climbing and I had two different kinds of cake in Larragh :)

We started out with 6 but lost 2 by Roundwood due to sore legs :(

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #7797 by Greg Farrell

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #7805 by John Blennerhassett
Replied by John Blennerhassett on topic Saturday morning yellow spin, Joe Daly's 08:30
Hi Greg, will be along but will turn off at Sally Gap.

Cheers

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #7807 by Colm Egan
hi greg sorry but wony make it tomorrow will be going for a later spin. enjoy

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds