Midweek Eve Cycling Tues12th/Thur14(Hillclimbchamp

More
10 years 1 month ago #7544 by Garret Connolly
Hi all

all hands back on deck next week with evening spins both Tuesday and Thursday next week(12/08 and 14/08). Numbers have been quite low recently so hopefully we'll be able to get a few more out over the next few weeks. All speeds are catered for and if the numbers are big enough we'll have a slower and more medium group.

Harolds Cross starts are now finished. All routes start at 615 Yellow House on both nights.

Tuesday meet at 615pm
Tuesday will be all about the beautiful hills of the Dublin mountains. If the weather is good the views are unforgettable. We'll climb up to 3 Three Rock then back down and then up to Kilmashogue. If someone is feeling strong after that we can climb then twice!

Thursday meet at 615pm.
Head straight up to Kilmashogue for the Hill Climb championship. See link below and text from Dave Mc
www.orwellwheelers.org/forum/5-racing/44...ips-14th-august-2014
www.strava.com/segments/631099
''As I said above there will be a few changes to the way this race will run.
To start off with I'm inviting all of the non-racers and non-league riders to come and have a go at this, running an open session from 19:00-19:30 for any Orwell member who wants to give it a shot. They won't be eligible for prizes or league points, but will get to race the championship course in the same conditions as the racers, and they will get their time to see how they compare.''. Dave Mc
So it will be a great chance for us non racing leisure types to do the same route on the same night as the racer dudes and compare and contrast!
I'm definitely doing it so would be great to have some along with me. We'll do the course between 7-730 and then hang out and cheer/chapeau/allez/boo the various racers.

Also:
This Sunday 10/08 9am Laragh Coffee Shop
12 Peaks challenge All welcome
www.orwellwheelers.org/forum/9-training/...yone-sunday-10th-aug

Sunday 17/08 TBC but plans are afloat for a 14 peak challenge!!

See you all next week

Garret
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen Ryan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #7578 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Midweek Eve Cycling Tues12th/Thur14(Hillclimbchamp
Hi all
an old achilles injury flared up on the 10 peaks yesterday and needs a day or 2 off the bike. As a result I won't be able to lead a group tomorrow eve. Rodney said he would be out yesterday so he should be able to guide everyone around.
Hoping to be out on Thursday for the leisure crew taking on the hill climb.
See you all then
Garret

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds