Marmotte 2014

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #5419 by Garret Connolly
Marmotte 2014 was created by Garret Connolly
Hi all

A good few of us are planning on hitting the Marmotte 2014...see Billy Parker's review from this years event
www.orwellwheelers.org/leisure/521-la-grande-marmotte-2013.html
And Paul O'Neill's Irish Times article...
www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/travel...-on-a-bike-1.1461617

marmottesportive.com/
Usually on 1st Saturday in July. Plan would be to go through Sportactive or other agent depending on price etc. Colm will find out prices

Plan would be to get 12+ together to train and plan for our assault on the Glandon, Galibier, Telegraph and finally Alpe D'huez across 160+km and 5000+m of climbing. Up to Christmas we're planning on keep up the usual spinning/Sat/Sunday spin combo and then from January kick start the training with a proper structured training plan.

We'd love to get a few more involved in this king of challenges for all cyclists so if anyone out there is interested let me know....garconnolly@yahoo.ie.

Firmly believe that anyone who is capable of doing W200, Orwell Randonee or Sean Kelly with the right training can get through the Marmotte with flying colours.

Among the usual Tuesday/Thursday evening crews there is already 8 of us with firm 'yes' or 'definitely maybe'. On top of this we may have 6+ from the Saturday/Sunday groups. Let me know if anyone else is interested.

cheers

garret
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
087 239 0130

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #5421 by Louise Keane
Replied by Louise Keane on topic Marmotte 2014
This was the hot topic of conversation on Denis's Saturdays mornings spin. There were at least 6 in the group interested, I'm very tempted:)

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #5423 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Marmotte 2014
good stuff Louise...'very tempted' means a firm yes person in my eyes! So i'll stick you on the list
garret

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds