A4 and club league training group

More
11 years 10 months ago #4188 by Diarmuid Collins
A4 and club league training group was created by Diarmuid Collins
Hi Guys

Following up on the chat we had last Monday this is the proposal for the club/A4 training group. The group will comprise of approx 10 riders. If I get many more interested racers I’ll adjust the plan, group and price accordingly.

The coaching will be run by Scott McDonald of Winning Solutions . Scott was an international racing cyclist for a number of years and has been running training and coaching sessions at Winning Solutions for the past number of years

The training will be run once a month for 6 months, on a Monday night at 8:30 at Winning Solutions (winningsolutions.ie/html_info.cfm?menu_itemID=382722&load=html). The dates for the monthly meetups are outlined below.

Scott will meet with you on 19 Nov to discuss your experience and goals for 2013. Following this, he will draw up a training plan for the month which will be distributed among the group.

Each month until April, the group will meet to discuss the previous months progress and the plan for the next month. If you feel that there is merit in meeting up with Scott for a spin then let me know and I’ll organise it. Dave Mc will also coordinate with the group to help out with the training routines on the road.

The price for the training will be €20 per month, the first four months paid up front (€80). The last two months will be paid in February (€40)

Dates
19/11/2012
17/12/2012
14/01/2013
11/02/2013
11/03/2013
08/04/2013

If you want to join the group let me know asap

Diarmuid
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Brosnan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Patrick Santini
11 years 10 months ago #4189 by Patrick Santini
Replied by Patrick Santini on topic A4 and club league training group
Hi Diarmuid-

Put my name down for the group, I'll be there on the 19th-

P.

More
11 years 10 months ago #4192 by Martyn Holmes
Replied by Martyn Holmes on topic A4 and club league training group
Hi Diarmuid,

I wasn't able to make last Monday's session but if there's still slots available please count me in for the 19th
Thanks,
Martyn

More
11 years 10 months ago #4194 by Siobhan O'Connor
Replied by Siobhan O'Connor on topic A4 and club league training group
Hi Diarmuid,
Can you add me to this group also?
Thanks,
- Siobhán

More
11 years 10 months ago #4195 by Diarmuid Collins
Replied by Diarmuid Collins on topic A4 and club league training group
Guys can you email me with your email addresses . My address is here

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #4203 by Diarmuid Collins
Replied by Diarmuid Collins on topic A4 and club league training group
If anyone wants to give Scott's spinning class a go there are spots left for tonights class which is on just before the meet. €10 if you want to try it out. txt or buzz Scott on
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
to reserve
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Diarmuid Collins.

More
11 years 9 months ago #4208 by Paul Brosnan
Replied by Paul Brosnan on topic A4 and club league training group
Based on our meeting with Scott, I think it would be good to have a Saturday group spin to get our training hours up. I suggest meeting at Joe Dalys at 9.30 am, do 70 - 80 km at a steady pace (26 - 28 km/h).

Maybe head towards Blessington, do a lap of the small lake and back via Butter Mountain, etc.

I'll email this out to the group also. Feel free to suggest a better route/time if the above doesn't suit.

More
11 years 9 months ago #4219 by Paul Brosnan
Had a good group out for our 1st spin. 11 hardy souls braved the chilly conditions.
Here's my suggestion for next Saturday:

Dundrum-Enniskerry-Bray-Greystones-Newtown-Tomdarragh-Tomriland-Roundwood-Home

~ 85 km (it's the route used for the Orange groups spin on 28th Oct)

Here's the link to the route map...
www.mapmyride.com/route/ie/wicklow/403125562156947370

Meet at Joe Daly's at 9:30 am.

All welcome as long as ~ 26 - 28 kph doesn't scare/bore you ;)

Hope to see you then!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronan Foley

More
11 years 9 months ago #4226 by Julian Moore
Replied by Julian Moore on topic A4 and club league training group
Hey Paul, I'll join you guys tomorrow morning. Not part of the coaching group but will be racing A4 again next year so might try and get out regularly with you guys.
See you tomorrow, Julian.

More
11 years 9 months ago #4256 by Paul Brosnan
Suggested route for Saturday is as follows:
Dundrum - Tallaght - Embankment - Manor Kilbride - Big Lake - Burgage Manor - Home via N81.
Approx 82 km (lumpy - but no mountains!)
There are a few possible short cuts for anyone taking it easy for the race on Sunday or for anyone stuck for time.

Last weeks spin was a bit too intense for my liking, given that the purpose of the Saturday spin is to supplement the Sunday spins and get our hours up. Also, I think we need to try to keep the group together a bit better. A per Scotts advise, if you are finding the pace too slow on the flat use an easier gear at a higher cadence. If the pace is too slow on the hills, use a harder gear and lower cadence.

Again all welcome as long as you respect the A4 groups training strategy (as outlined above) and can average 26 - 28 kph

Hope to see you all at Joe Daly's for a 9.30 am departure.

More
11 years 9 months ago #4267 by Paul Brosnan
I'm not going to make the spin on Saturday, so I'll leave it up to the group to decide on a route on the morning. Looks like it won't be icy, so you could try the big lake spin that I had proposed for last Saturday.

Usual time of 9.30 am at Joe Daly's

Also, don't forget our next meeting with Scott is Monday night at 8.30 pm.

Hopefully see some of you Sunday.

More
11 years 8 months ago #4278 by Paul Brosnan
I'm not going to make it on Saturday, so I'll leave it up to whoever turns up at Joes to pick a route.

I suggest that you let others know if you will be there, so people know whether there will be a group or not.

Hope to see you all over Christmas or early in the new year.

Happy Christmas

Paul.

More
11 years 8 months ago #4289 by Lucy Soden
Replied by Lucy Soden on topic A4 and club league training group
Myself and Isabel are meeting tomorrow at 9.30 at Harolds Cross Bridge if anyone wants to join us for a spin, Lucy

More
11 years 8 months ago #4291 by Paul Brosnan
Hi All,

Happy New Year!

Here's my suggestion for our spin tomorrow:

Dundrum-Tallaght-Saggart-Naas-Sallins-CastlewardenHill-Newcastle-Rathcoole-Tallaght-Dundrum (~ 76 km White group route for 24th Feb if you want to check it out on mapmyride). If people want a longer spin, we could divert at Sallins and head for Clane, Celbridge, etc.

As usual, all are welcome as long as they understand the objectives of this group. Basically, we are still in our base-building stage - so steady pace (26 - 28 kph typically).

Hopefully see you tomorrow at 9.30 am at Joe Daly's

More
11 years 8 months ago #4312 by Paul Brosnan
Suggested route this week is as follows:

Dundrum - Tallaght - Blessington - Tulfharris - Blessington - Back of small Lake - Brittas - Home.

If weather is good we could extend trip to go around big lake, etc.

Meet at 9.30 am at Joe Dalys

Hope to see you there.

More
11 years 8 months ago #4337 by Paul Brosnan
Suggested route for this Saturday:

Dundrum-Step-a-side-Bray-CoastRoad-Ashford-EasyDevilsGlen-Roundwood-Enniskerry-Dundrum (If the weather is really bad we can come back a more direct route (via N11).

Might throw in some fast intervals with continuous up-and-overs (can discuss before we head off)

Meet at Joe Dalys at 9:30 am.

See you then!

More
11 years 7 months ago #4346 by Paul Brosnan
Hi All,

Based on our latest meeting with Scott, it's time to adjust the approach to the Saturday spins. The route I'm proposing allows us to maintain a slightly increased tempo and also take in a couple of hills. On the hills we will be putting in a bit more of an effort, so the group may break up a bit - we can re-group at the next junction after the top of the hills.

Route will be Dundrum - Saggart- Kilteel - R410 - Blessington - Poulaphouca - Blessington - Home.

Hills are between Saggart and Kilteel and on R410 to Blessington, the rest of the route should allow us to maintain a steady tempo.

Hope that suits. See you at 9.30 at Joe Dalys.

Paul.

More
11 years 7 months ago #4352 by Paul Brosnan

Park-Lucan-Maynooth-Clane-Straffan-Celbridge-Newcastle-Saggart-Tallaght-Home-Pub for Rugby

Pretty flat - just one longish hill from Saggart to N81.

Pace 28 - 30 kph

Meet at 9.30 at Papal Cross

See you then

Paul

More
11 years 7 months ago #4363 by Paul Brosnan

Dundrum-Enniskerry-Bray-CoastRoad-Ashford-EasyDevilsGlen-Roundwood-Enniskerry-Dundrum

It's the Orange group spin from the 6th of Jan if you want to check it out or save to Garmin, etc.

85km with a few hills.

See you at Joe Dalys at 9.30 am

More
11 years 7 months ago #4377 by Paul Brosnan
This weeks route will be:

Dundrum - Tallaght- Blessington - Poulaphouca - Blessington - Home

We will be trying out the latest set of instructions from Scott. For those that missed Monday nights session, I will explain before we leave. Basically, we will be setting personal bests up the embankment and adding in a few sprints on the way to and from Blessington (the way to do this safely is what needs explaining!).

See you at Joe Dalys at 9.30

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds