Midweek cycing

More
12 years 4 months ago #3455 by Garret Connolly
Midweek cycing was created by Garret Connolly
Hey all

If anyone is interested, a few of us head out midweek for some hill training. Perfect training for Wicklow 200, ROK, Sean Kelly etc etc

Plan for next week:
Both spins leave Harolds Cross Bridge at 6pm at the bike shop side, spinning past Yellow House Rathfarnham 615-620pm

> Thursday 10th May
> 75km with 1111metres elevation
> www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/88907413/?...e_done=1&new_route=1
> Basically plan is Dublin-Edmondstown-Glencree-Sally Gap-Roundwood Road-Djouce-Enniskerry-Glencree-Featherbeds-Dublin.

> Wednesday 9th will be the usual route, Edmonstown-Fox's-Devils Elbow-Glencree-Featherbeds-Dublin...roughly 55km

All levels are welcome...the more the merrier

Anyone interested give us a buzz/text
Garret 087 239 0130

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3507 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Midweek cycing
Hey all

anyone interested in midweek spin will be out both tuesday and thursday this week:

Tuesday 6pm Harolds Cross Bridge(Bike Shop), spinning pass Yellow House Rathfarnam 615-620pm
Edmonstown Lane-Glencree-Devil's Elbow-Finishing at Orwell BBQ Blue Light pub.
approx 45km. Relaxed spin with plenty of climbing and all standards welcome...

Thursday 6pm Harolds Cross Bridge(Bike Shop)
> 75km with 1111metres elevation
> www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/88907413/?...ne=1&new_route=1
> Basically plan is Dublin-Edmondstown-Glencree-Sally Gap-Roundwood Road-Djouce-Enniskerry-Glencree-Featherbeds-Dublin. Bigger more challenging route which is ideal training for Wicklow 200

Anyone interested txt me on 087 2390130 or email back. The more the merrier

Garret

More
12 years 3 months ago #3552 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Re: Midweek cycing
Hey all

Gang of us gonna be out Tuesday 6pm from Harold's Cross Bridge(bike shop side).

Route will be spinning past yellow house Rathfarnam at 615-620 if anyone wants to meet there.
Dundrum-Stepaside-Lamb Doyles-Blue Light Hill-Fox's-Devils' Elbow-Glencree-Featherbeds-Dublin
About 50-55km all in with loads of climbs

All welcome to come along

Anyone interested feel free to drop me a text/email

Garret
087 239 0130

More
12 years 3 months ago #3586 by Garret Connolly
Hey all

Only 2 weeks to go to WICKLOW 200!! Defo time for some extra hill training...

Anyone interested a gang of us will be out as normal on Tuesday night 6pm from Harolds Cross bridge(bike shop side), passing Yellow House Rathfarnam 615/20 if that suits anyone better.

Route will be similar to last week with approx 50km full of climbing(perfect training for W200)
Up to Blue Light Bar-Johny Fox's-Devil's Elbow-Glencree-Featherbeds-Dublin.
Also option if anyone wants to head back down from Glencree-Powerscourt-Enniskerry-Glencree-Featherbeds-This would add 15-20km to the total.

All welcome to pop along and spend a sunny eve with us all. All standards welcome and NO ONE ever gets left behind.

Give me a text or email if interested

Garret
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3621 by Garret Connolly
Hey all

Only 1 week to go to WICKLOW 200!! Defo time for some extra hill training...Same route as last week...

Anyone interested a gang of us will be out as normal on Tuesday night 6pm from Harolds Cross bridge(bike shop side), passing Yellow House Rathfarnam 615/20 if that suits anyone better.

Route will be similar to last week with approx 50km full of climbing(perfect training for W200)
Up to Blue Light Bar-Johny Fox's-Devil's Elbow-Glencree-Featherbeds-Dublin.
Also option if anyone wants to head back down from Glencree-Powerscourt-Enniskerry-Glencree-Featherbeds-This would add 15-20km to the total.

All welcome to pop along and spend a sunny eve with us all. All standards welcome and NO ONE ever gets left behind.

Give me a text or email if interested

Garret
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3668 by Garret Connolly
Hey all

Firstly best of luck to everyone on Sunday doing the Wicklow 200! Had a word with god and he promised me clear skies after last year's washout!
If anyone fancies it a good few of us will be having a 'debrief' aka post wickla scoops in Kehoes St Annes Street on Sunday from 730am. All welcome

Next Weeks Midweek spin will be on Wednesday 13/06 at 6pm from Harolds Cross Bridge(bike shop side). Will be passing by Yellow House pub 615-620pm if that suits anyone.

Plan is to hit Stocking Lane-Kilkee-Featherbeds-Glencree-Enniskerry-Devils Elbow-Blue Light-Dublin
round 50km.

All standards welcome...

Best of luck to all

Garret

More
12 years 3 months ago #3702 by Garret Connolly
Hey All

now that Wicklow 200 is a distant memory...bout time to get out on those hills again...

As usual a gang of us will be out Tuesday evening 19/06 6pm from Harolds Cross Bridge(bike shop side) passing Rathfarnam Yellow House at 615-620.
Plan is to do a slightly hillier route/slightly longer than normal as we build up to the next few sportifs including Ring of Kerry.

Route will be Edmondstown Hill-Glencree-Sally Gap-Ballinastoe-Poggio-Enniskerry-Dublin

www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/103848613 has it at around 65km.
Will be back by 845.

All welcome to pop along. Weather forecast looking good so far!

Any interested send me a mail or text

Garret

More
12 years 2 months ago #3745 by Garret Connolly
Hey all

Spin this Tuesday 26/06 at 6pm from Harolds Cross Bridge(bike shop side) passing Yellow House 615-620pm Rathfarnam.

2 possibles depending on weather:

Dry Route 75km with 1100metres of climbing. Probably be home for 930pm.
Blue Light Hill-Fox's-Devil's Elbow-Enniskerry-Callary Hill(long hill)-Roundwood direction-turn right towards Sally Gap-Featherbeds-Home. Will be only a few weeks we could attempt this distance in the evening so hopefully weather will be okay.

Not so dry route 50km.
Usual circuit of Blue Light-Devil's Elbow-Glencree-Featherbeds.

All welcome and as always all standards will be there!

Anyone interested give me a text or buzz

Garret
087 239 0130

Tour da Beast 2012 Sept 1st 165km across practically every mountain in Wicklow. 2800metres of climbing. Start and Finish in knockree hostel and we're going to stay the night and have bbq after cycle. Dave Hendron designing up jersey for cycle(green polka dots). Anyone interested send me an email and I'll forward on full details...

More
12 years 2 months ago #3747 by Dan Coulcher
Replied by Dan Coulcher on topic Re: Midweek cycing
Garret,

I'm keen to tag along. I'll meet you at Yellow House.

Dan

More
12 years 2 months ago #3750 by Garret Connolly
great Dan...see you at the Yellow House. Weather looking good so far so planning on doing the longer 75km route so far!
Garret

More
12 years 2 months ago #3780 by Dan Coulcher
Garret, great ride last night thanks for organising. It was getting a little cool on top of Sally Gap to hang around so we pushed on.

Beautiful route and nice little Wall diversion: app.strava.com/rides/11809438#

Thanks to David & Gary for politely putting up with me going on about the scenery. I'm still relatively new here and loving the riding in Wicklow, rugged remote beauty so close to Dublin.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3783 by Garret Connolly
no probs Dan...great to have you and the 11 others along..think we were back around 10 mins after ya...beautiful eve and not a bad cycle for a tues eve...

• Gary Fleming
12 years 2 months ago #3785 by Gary Fleming
Replied by Gary Fleming on topic Re: Midweek cycing
Nice spin the other evening. Thankyou to Garret for going out of his way to organise spins like these particularly for any newcomers as there is a dearth of regular club spins until the Autumn.

@Dan, nice to meet you! Some new roads for me as well. Following David down into Enniskerry from the Devil's Elbow was interesting! Think I smacked every pothole :D Had to head on home as it was getting darker and my lights were only cheap auld yokes.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3813 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Midweek cycing
Hey All

Ring of Kerry cycle less than a week away so good excuse to hit those hills this Tuesday!

Spin this Tuesday 03rd July at 6pm from Harolds Cross Bridge(bike shop side) passing yellow house Rathfarnam 615/620pm.

2 Possible routes depending on weather....
Blue Light Hill-Fox's-Devil's Elbow-Enniskerry-The WALL-Djouce Old Long Hill-Roundwood direction-turn right towards Sally Gap-Featherbeds-Home. Will be only a few weeks we could attempt this distance in the evening so hopefully weather will be okay. As many of you will know this route, you'll be aware of it been extremely challenging.

Not so dry route 50km with plenty of smaller sharper hills

Any interested give me a text or shout

Garret
087 239 0130

Tour da Beast 2012 Sept 1st. Starts in Knockree Hostel 165km with 2850metres of climbing. Anyone interested email me and I send on full details.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3824 by Garret Connolly
Tonights spin will be the shorter dryer route. blue light-Fox's-Glencree-Home-50km.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3846 by Garret Connolly
Hey All

Lynda will lead the Tuesday gang this week in my absence...

Spin this Tuesday 03rd July at 6pm from Harolds Cross Bridge(bike shop side) passing yellow house Rathfarnam 615/620pm.

Blue Light Hill-Fox's-Devil's Elbow-Enniskerry-The WALL-Djouce Old Long Hill-Roundwood direction-turn right towards Sally Gap-Featherbeds-Home. Will be only a few weeks we could attempt this distance in the evening so hopefully weather will be okay. As many of you will know this route, you'll be aware of it been extremely challenging.

Garret
087 239 0130

More
12 years 2 months ago #3879 by Garret Connolly
Hey All

Spin this Tuesday 17th July at 6pm from Harolds Cross Bridge(bike shop side) passing yellow house Rathfarnam 615/620pm.

75km with over 1200metres of climbing
Blue Light Hill-Fox's-Devil's Elbow-Enniskerry-The WALL-Djouce Old Long Hill-Roundwood direction-turn right towards Sally Gap-Featherbeds-Home. Will be only a few more weeks we could attempt this distance in the evening so hopefully weather will be okay. As many of you will know this route, you'll be aware of it been extremely challenging. Home by 945ish

Garret
087 239 0130

Couple of Sportifs on the horizon....
29/07 Tour of Meath Tara
12/08 Tour of Kildare Naas
19/08 Leinster Loop
26/08 Sean Kelly Waterford
09/09 Bray Wheelers Joe Loughnan Sportif

Tour da Beast 2012 Sept 1st. Starts in Knockree Hostel 165km with 2850metres of climbing. Anyone interested email me and I send on full details.

More
12 years 1 month ago #3892 by Dan Coulcher
Garrett, Another good ride.

Well planned for Tour rest day & one of the warmest evenings of the year.

Here's the route we did:

app.strava.com/rides/13678208

Sorry took a few days to get round to putting this up.

Dan

More
12 years 1 month ago #3893 by Garret Connolly
Hey all

Will be out on Tuesday eve for midweek cycle if anyone interested. Hope to do around 65km of hills across Blue Light Hill, Devils Elbow, Glencree, Sally Gap, Manor Kilbride, Dublin.

Will be starting at 6pm at Harolds Cross Bridge passing Yellow House Rathfarnam at 615-620pm. Should be back 930ish.

Let me know if you're about for it.

Garret
087 239 0130

www.meathsports.ie/cycle-tour/routes/160km-royal-challenge.html
route map for next sundays Tour of Meath

More
12 years 1 month ago #3902 by Garret Connolly
Hey all

Tuesday weather looking 'interesting' at this stage so 2 options for anyone interested in heading out Tuesday at 6pm from Harolds Cross Bridge and 615pm from Yellow House Rathfarnam

It's getting to the stage that we need lights for way back home if we do the longer route.

Dry Route 75km 1300metres of climbing
Blue Light-Fox's-Devils Elbow-Enniskerry-Powerscourt-Wall-djouce-Sally Gap-Featherbeds-Home.

Wet Route 50km
Edmondstown-Foxs-Devils Elbow-Glencree-Featherbeds-Home

Any interested give us a text

Garret
087 239 0130

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds