Thursday evening club league training spins.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3136 by Dave Mc
For the next 5 Thursday evenings I'll be doing training sessions out on the club league circuits, leading up to the start of Thursday racing in April.

These spins should come in around 30Km/h with a number of short intervals and sprint efforts thrown in, and last roughly an hour to an hour and a quarter.

This Thursday(8th) I'll be going from outside McDonalds in Clonee at 7pm, doing a lap of the Mullagh. All are welcome, but as a fair portion of each spin will be on unlit and potentially potholed back roads good lights will be essential and reflective kit recommended.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Gary Fleming
12 years 6 months ago #3138 by Gary Fleming
Replied by Gary Fleming on topic Re: Thursday evening club league training spins.
Thanks Dave, No decent lights ATM, though I might wait a week or two anyway. You said you'd show me how to get round a roundabout in one piece - I'll hold you to that one evening!

BTW yourself, Pat and Brian are now officially cycling famous after last year's Ras Cymru. Check out the latest issue of CyclingPlus mag. There yiz are getting ready for the TTT on page 168 and you and Brian 'dancing' up a climb the page before;)

More
12 years 6 months ago #3149 by Brian Mc
Thanks for the heads up Gary, I got my hands on the mag today.
Attachments:

More
12 years 6 months ago #3171 by Donnacha McCormack
Replied by Donnacha McCormack on topic Re: Thursday evening club league training spins.
just wondering is the thursday race training night going ahead this week and if so from where and at what time?
Cheers Donnacha

More
12 years 6 months ago #3172 by Dave Mc
This week will be Brittas, meeting opposite the Blue Gardenia at 7ish. I think it will probably be two laps of the Red Lane circuit, for about 30km.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3177 by Dave Mc
Great spin this evening guys, thank you very much for the company.

Next week will be one lap of the "Green sheds", meeting opposite Macdonalds in Clonee at 7ish.

• Conor Montague
12 years 6 months ago #3178 by Conor Montague
Replied by Conor Montague on topic Re: Thursday evening club league training spins.
Well that was a workout! Thanks Dave - much appreciated.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3215 by Dave Mc
This Thursday evening will be in Brittas, leaving the Blue gardenia at 7:00pm.

The route will be two laps of the Red Lane circuit, for about 30km, average speed around the 32-33km/h mark with a number of intervals of various lengths (mostly short and fast though) thrown in.

Since the clocks have changed this spin will be done entirely in daylight, but anyone cycling back will still need lights, and reflective or light coloured kit is recommended in any case.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3239 by Dave Mc
Good spin there this evening, I hope everyone got something from it regardless of the spread in abilities.

Next week will be the very last one of these before the league proper kicks off. I won't be there myself as I'll be heading South for Rás Mumhain that evening, but the spin will be going ahead anyway. It will be 19:00 from Black Bull, and I'd suggest 2 laps of the Mullagh to be finished about 20:15-20:20.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom Blennerhassett, Brian McNamara, Diarmuid Collins

More
12 years 5 months ago #3242 by Diarmuid Collins
Replied by Diarmuid Collins on topic Re: Thursday evening club league training spins.
I was heading out to join your but at the top of Stockin Lane I realised that the tank was completely empty. The week of sun (and long, post-work spins) took its toll.

Looking forward to the start of the league!!

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds