Swap for 1st Jan?

More
12 years 8 months ago #2824 by BarryR
Swap for 1st Jan? was created by BarryR
I'm down to lead a yellow group next Sunday (1st January) but can't due to a family event. Anyone want to swap a future duty with me? I can do almost any Sunday.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2827 by BarryR
Replied by BarryR on topic Re: Swap for 1st Jan?
Anybody? If your name is on the roster in the next few weeks (have you checked the roster lately?) this is your chance to get your group lead duty out of the way and to get a more relaxed return to Sunday spins after those Christmas excesses!

• Julia Phillips
12 years 8 months ago #2828 by Julia Phillips
Replied by Julia Phillips on topic Re: Swap for 1st Jan?
I'll do it.

Who is that in the picture?

More
12 years 8 months ago #2829 by BarryR
Thanks Julia, but I can't see your name on the roster between now & the end so how do I keep my Orwell karma balanced?

Who is that in the picture?

A bloke that some people I know found in a photo in a museum or something while visiting Denmark last summer. Now you know.

• Julia Phillips
12 years 8 months ago #2830 by Julia Phillips
Replied by Julia Phillips on topic Re: Swap for 1st Jan?
If you make yourself available for one of the women's spins on a Saturday, you might be able to balance your karma out. Although I've led a group a couple of times, I haven't officially put my name down for any particular week on their schedule. I'm not sure if it's a Y chromosome-free zone though. I'm sure I saw Dave Mc there on one occasion a year or so ago, so it's probably ok. They're a great bunch to go out with. You could contact Aideen to find out if they're missing a group lead any week.

And if you were to slap a bicycle helmet on your avatar, he'd be a dead ringer for you.

• Celeste Marin
12 years 8 months ago #2831 by Celeste Marin
Replied by Celeste Marin on topic Re: Swap for 1st Jan?
Hi Barry,

I schedule the Saturday women's spin leaders. We welcome the odd male guest who understands that the goal is for everyone to have an enjoyable/satisfying spin rather than to ride each other into the ground. (We send those people out on Sundays.) We try to have a separate beginner group as well as a longer, steady spin, and are hoping to do some race prep sessions in the spring. If you're open to helping out with one of those, I can be in touch. We have spins all year round too so you can even earn back your karma on a warmer day in the summer.

Anyone else who reads this and wants to lead a women's spin, please contact me or Aideen.

celeste

More
12 years 8 months ago #2834 by BarryR

We welcome the odd male guest

Hmmm. "Odd"? Not sure how to take that...

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds