Liam Keenan R.I.P. Honoured member of the Orwell

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #38821 by Aidan Hammond
Its with great sadness to say that Liam Keenan who was a life honoured member of the Orwell Wheelers has passed away.
Liam at one stage was the only "Racing" member of the Orwell in the early 70's. 
He was very talented rider and represented Ireland a number of times and rode the Tour of Britain late in his career too.
Liam was still racing open racing in his 50's when we were all Juniors and young seniors in the 90's and still winning. He was a great character and club man. You would be beaten by Liam in a race only to see him in the bar later having a smoke and a pint!
He used to bring us out training when we were Juniors with a group called the "Chain Gang" and thought us a lot of hard lessons!
Later he become a very prominent member of the IVCA for many years.
I know a lot the members will never have met or heard of Liam but he was a very important part of the club. May he rest in peace.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Mc, Stephen McNally, BarryR, Louise Keane, Fergal Quinn, Joe Fitzpatrick, Luke GJ Potter, Ken Moloney, John Murray

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #38823 by BarryR
Any information on funeral arrangements? I can't see anything on rip.ie.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #38824 by Aidan Hammond
Replied by Aidan Hammond on topic Liam Keenan R.I.P. Honoured member of the Orwell
Ive heard nothing yet, nothing on RIP and no one seems to know anything yet

More
4 months 1 week ago #38829 by BarryR

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.

Time to create page: 0.607 seconds