Cycling Highest Road in Europe - October

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #38104 by Sinead Kennedy
Cycling Highest Road in Europe - October was created by Sinead Kennedy
Hi All 
As you might know I am not one to shy away from a challenge! 
This year I have arranged a trip to Spain in October to cycle the highest road in Europe - The Pico de Veleta, Spain and I want you to come with me! 

Departing first thing Thursday 12th October and Retuning late Sunday 15th October 
*2 days vacation from work. 

Itinerary Thursday: Arrive Malaga Airport 11am – Transfer to Velez. Build bikes, time a short spin to test the bikes. Pre event stretch out to ensure you are Pico ready. Dinner in the evening and bed early!
Friday: Pico de Veleta day! Fresh legs are needed for this long day. Transfer from Velez to the start of the climb. Cycle the highest road in Europe. Celebrate your big achievement in the evening with the group.
Saturday: Recovery ride, 3 hours. Afternoon, Yoga for cyclists, physio based stretch class to help your body recover from the Pico. Dinner and drinks!
Sunday: Cycle the long way to the beach (3 hours) for a recovery dip in the sea. Your body will be glad of it. Dinner, late check out and transfer to the airport, 19:00

CLIMB DATA – PICO DE VELETA
  • Climb Category: HC
  • Length of climb: 42.2km
  • Summit Elevation: 3,398m
  • Starting elevation: 838m
  • Elevation gain: 2700m
  • Average Gradient 6%

If you can complete the Wicklow 150km / 200km you are well able for this climb. 
he climb demands respect and the discipline to pace your ride correctly. This ride is a mental and physical challenge at high altitude! September and October are generally the most favourable months to ride the Veleta as the heat has generally subsided, there is less traffic up to the ski station and the top is mostly free from snow.

Check out webpage for what's included / prices etc / contact 
sineadekennedy.com/portfolio/cycling-highest-road-in-europe/

See you at the weekend! 
Sinead 

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Sinead Kennedy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds