More
3 years 2 months ago #35388 by Frank Keane
Me too
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #35389 by Seamus Connolly
Thanks Paul.
Going through the booking form I see that they apply a 300 euro non refundable deposit regardless of notice given. That seems quite a lot especially since there will almost definitely be a waiting list and they are pretty certain to fill the trip. Might they be willing to apply a more sustainable cancellation and deposit return policy under the circumstances?

More
3 years 2 months ago #35390 by Paul Walsh
Hi Seamus. That sounds reasonable. I’m sure that would be ok with the company (I.e if you have to pull out and someone else takes your place then you get the deposit back). They told me the deposit was €250 on an e mail. I will put this query to Cycling Safaris.

More
3 years 2 months ago #35392 by Tom McGovern
Hi Paul

Can you please include me in the loop please

Thank you

Kind regards
Tom Mc Govern

More
3 years 2 months ago #35394 by Paul Walsh
Hi Folks. Irish Cycling Safaris have informed me that if anyone wants to go on the trip next year, please make your arrangements and booking directly with the company.

I am not coordinating lists or bookings. The booking form can be accessed using the link below. Please note that a booking deposit is required. I attach the trip schedule, T&C's and payment options.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdVxxp6...YWikXZw_Eqg/viewform

Thanks.

Paul.
Attachments:

More
3 years 2 months ago #35396 by Paul Walsh
Hi Folks. Some people may be having difficulty in accessing the trip details. The attachments are attached again below this post, and they look like 3 small rectangles with the letter " i "for information. Click on them to open.

The plan is a one week trip starting 14th May 2022 and to cycle in Croatia, Slovenia and Italy, flying into Pula and returning from Venice.

Day 1 Arrival in Pula/Rovinj
Day 2 Rovinj to Piran (107km/1020m)
Day 3 Piran to Opatija (90km/1400m or 115km/2150m)
Day 4 Opatija to Postojna (85km/740m)
Day 5 Postojna to Ljubljana (63km/760m)
Day 6 Ljubljana to Kranska Gora (112km/1530m)
Day 7 Kranska Gora to Udine (107km/1350m)
Optional Climb: Vršič pass - this optional climb gains 861m at an average of 8.2% over a distance of 9km with 24 hairpin bends and tops out at 1611m.
Day 8 Udine/Venice to Dublin

If anyone has any queries, you can post them here or PM me on whats app 0866011768 or contact john|@cyclingsafaris.com.

Paul.
Attachments:

More
3 years 1 month ago #35423 by Paul Walsh
Hi. Irish cycling Safaris have confirmed that the deposit is €250, and not €300.

The company has also confirmed that if someone books and subsequently needs to cancel and their place is filled by someone else, the deposit will be refunded, subject to a €25 handling charge.

More
3 years 1 month ago #35424 by Paul Walsh
Seamus, I have posted up the reply to your query. Hopefully this clarifies matters for you.

More
3 years 1 month ago #35426 by Seamus Connolly
Thanks for raising and clarifying this Paul. It’s much more sustainable.

More
3 years 1 month ago #35501 by Sean O'Connell
Interested Paul. Thanks. Sean O Connell

More
2 years 10 months ago #35920 by Laura McGrath
Yes I'm interested, thanks. Laura

More
2 years 10 months ago #35922 by Paul Walsh
Hi Laura. That's great. We have about 15 so far. Do you want me to send more information? There's a booking form and T&Cs from Irish Cycling Safaris-did you get those as well as the details on the cycling ? If you are going to go, please let me know and I will add you to the what's app. My number is 0866011768 if you need to contact me directly. We will be using our own bikes which will be transported from Dublin. There are no flights currently to Pula so we are booking to Venice instead. Paul

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds