Club League Ladies Championship 2017

More
7 years 6 months ago #21419 by Garret Connolly
Club League Ladies Championship 2017 was created by Garret Connolly
Hi all

Delighted to announce that this year in the Club League we'll again have a Ladies Championship.

The idea came about after myself and few others competed and spectated at the Club Road Race Championship in Mondello in 2015 and saw Helen Horan come home 1st woman but there was only 4 in the race so unfortunately Helen didn't qualify for the Club Champion Medal. That race that day was the quickest and toughest race of the whole league and when the scratch guys caught us every one of us were shelled out the back leaving the scratches with a few semi scratch guys....and Helen. She held on in an unbelievably herculean performance to be in the top half of the bunch in the sprint. For me and many watching it was the performance of the year.

We now have the best bunch of racing women this club has ever seen with upwards of 20 women at a high enough level for Ras na mBan to be a realistic aim later in the season.
This years crop of ladies is extremely strong and it's looking like we could have a team to dominate the early season classics and lead us up to the pinnacle of the year and a super strong Orwell Ras na mBan team 2017.
This idea is to bring those ladies onto the next level. Alongside the Tuesday night racing etc participating in the club league will provide the ladies with a massively important and high end training that will allow them to compete in Ras on both teams that we will hopefully enter.

Points for Signing on: 1
Then, if there are two or more in a race, 3 points to first woman.
If there are three or four in a race, 3 points for first, 2 for second
And if there are five or more, give 5,3,1

For Club Championship Road Race we'll increase the points to 7/5/3/2/1 for the top 5 if there is a min of 5 turning up. 5 being the key number as this qualifies the winner to get the fantastic medal on Prizegiving Night 2017.

Award points for each race that has two or more women in it, so in Corkagh for example there'd be two sets of points up for grabs.
Treat each individual TT as four separate races, so potentially four sets of points available.

Last year we had somewhere between 2-4 women turn up each week. I want to see 15-20 each week by the end of the year.

I'm happy to sponsor a few prizes for the top 3 overall at the end of the league
1st Prize: €100 Voucher for Baggot Street Wines and the Cavern Wine Bar
2nd Prize: €50 Voucher for Baggot Street Wines and the Cavern Wine Bar
3rd Prize: €25 Voucher for Baggot Street Wines and the Cavern Wine Bar

We will also have the traditional trophy for 1st Prize, won by Ann, Lucy, Aideen, Rachel(twice) and co over the last few years. I'm also looking to hustle up a few prizes from other businesses within the club for specific races and even primes etc on the Corkagh circuits. If you are interested in sponsoring a prize let me know!

I'm hoping to do up a small brief write up of the womens results and overall standings each week on the forum but would be more than happy to off load this to anyone that fancies it!

Let the fun and games begin. I'll be away until Round 2 but I'll update the results when I'm back....

Garret
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Mc, Louise Keane, Rachel Glendon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #21439 by Rachel Glendon
Replied by Rachel Glendon on topic Club League Ladies Championship 2017
Thanks Gar,

I think I've only won the league once? But if you say twice, that's proof enough for me!
If you could weight the points heavily towards the races I'm home for in July and August, that would be a great help!
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Anslow

More
7 years 6 months ago #21452 by Dave Murnane
Replied by Dave Murnane on topic Club League Ladies Championship 2017

Thanks Gar,
If you could weight the points heavily towards the races I'm home for in July and August, that would be a great help!

Glad to see you'll be back for some cool weather racing in July & August.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rachel Glendon

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds