Moving Ladies

• Michelle Geoghegan
  • Topic Author
14 years 5 months ago #362 by Michelle Geoghegan
Moving Ladies was created by Michelle Geoghegan
Yo yo. So two ferries and lots of driving later landed in Dutchieland on Friday. Did two races with the team at the weekend. Saturday was a crit and Sunday was a normal road race in Lierop. All of the packing and travelling and unplanned exploration of the Wicklow Mountains meant that I was pretty wrecked going into both. Sundays race was an early one which meant getting up at 6:00 am. Having had to get up at 6:00 am for the ferry on Thursday and being rudely awoken by the ferry's intercom system at 5:30am (and at 15 min interval thereafter) announcing breakfast on Friday I wasn't too impressed by this!!! Yeah poor me I know - the smallest mouse in all the world crying a single tear and all that!!! It rained for the whole race which made for a nervous bunch. The race was held on a 13km circuit but with loads of corners and on paths rather than roads - narrow yes. The result was lots of crashes - one massive pile up and a bunch sprint. I had a slow puncture on the rear tub - finished in the bunch and took about 4 hours to feel warm again!!! Anyway - having slept a lot yesterday was feeling better today so headed out for some motorpacing with Harrie. Lovely day here - sun and not much wind so it was fun. Spinning along at 50kph for an hour. Tomorrow I'll do a club crit and then just have easy days until Sunday when the team does the Dolmans Heuvelland Classic. Really cool race with lots of short but very steep climbs. Big race so looking forward to that!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #367 by Declan Quigley
Replied by Declan Quigley on topic Re: Moving Ladies
Cheers for that, Michelle. Last Sunday's race sounds a bit like the Bohermeen A3s! Give it loads this weekend.

• Michelle Geoghegan
  • Topic Author
14 years 5 months ago #494 by Michelle Geoghegan
Replied by Michelle Geoghegan on topic Re:Moving Ladies
Last minute as always!!! Heading off to Ronde van Gelderland (www.rondevangelderland.nl/) this morning. Lovely day in Holland - very little wind at the moment. Hopefully this doesn't change as this race usually splits to bits in crosswinds on a dyke section very early on!!! There are some climbs late in the race. 140km altogether. All the big teams are here for this one - gonna be good!!!!

• Caroline Martinez
14 years 5 months ago #495 by Caroline Martinez
Replied by Caroline Martinez on topic Re:Moving Ladies
best of luck, kick some arse!

• Julia Phillips
14 years 5 months ago #496 by Julia Phillips
Replied by Julia Phillips on topic Re:Moving Ladies
Are you making up this Netherlands/Belgium thing to get out of your club marshaling duties?

I'm thinking you are.

It's a bold strategy. Nice one.

I believe I too will be racing in Europe this summer (probably on a Thursday). Date to be confirmed once the full marshaling calendar comes out.

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds