Forum Suggestions

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #38579 by Luke GJ Potter
Forum Suggestions was created by Luke GJ Potter
In the Text Edit that we use to type forum posts in:

1. Can the "Confidential" button (padlock icon) be removed from the Control Panel, as it's causing confusion with the "Hide" button (shield icon).
Hide button is almost always useful.
What does the Confidential button offer?

2. In the actual Text Area, can the Forum's Context Menu (right-click on desktop, select text and long press on mobile) be removed in favour of the System's Context Menu please?
It's a nightmare if you misspell a word, as you want to use the Context Menu it to see what the System Dictionary suggests as alternate words, but are greeted with only the ability to Paste, or copy and cut.
It's also very hard to Select All on a forum post on Mobile, if you're typing a long one, and worried that your session has timed out.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #38581 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic Forum Suggestions
Both great suggestions Luke. I've looked into the former in the past, but there's no option to disable it. Text marked as 'confidential' is only visible by forum admins, so probably intended for troubleshooting issues with users. It's not something I've ever had to do over the forum, so it's never been needed but there's no simple way to remove it unfortunately.

The latter is not something I've investigated before, but again there doesn't seem to be any way to disable it, sorry.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds