Dublin Champs - Mick Lawless Memorial

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #30796 by Brian Mc
Dublin Champs - Mick Lawless Memorial was created by Brian Mc
Our friends in the Inter-club League are organising a Dublin Champs event. There hasn't been such an event for many years now, so it's good to see something stirring.

It will be run 21st September in Corkagh Park as the Mick Lawless Memorial. For those of you who might not have known Mick in his prime, he was a former president of CI and a key driving figure in getting the Corkagh Park race track facility built. He drove the broomwagon at the Rás for many years as well, so many of our riders have him to thank for getting them through un jour sans.

I believe the events on the day are only open to ICL members, but we've been grandfathered in due to our previous participation.

Here's the message sent to me:

We are opening entries to the Dublin Champs this week. Here is a heads up if you want to forward it out because Orwell was in the league when Mick had been around.

We are running a full panel of races U10, U12, U14, U16, Ladies, A4, A3, A2 and A1, with separate races for each group. The races will start at 9am and run all day long.

As a tribute to a man who provided so much to Irish Cycling, as well as our own league, friends and riders, we are dedicating the last race to him, the first Mick Lawless Memorial. Mick was instrumental in the building of Corkagh Park, and it is only fitting that we host the Dublin Champs there.

Race start at 9am. On the 21st September.

• First race: Ladies 40minutes + 5 laps
  • 2nd race: U10 5 to 10 youth laps
  • 3rd race: A4 40minutes + 5 laps
  • 4th race: U12 5 to 10 full laps
  • 5th race: A3 40minutes + 5 laps
  • 6th race: U14 15 full laps
  • 7th race: A2 40minutes + 5 laps
  • 8th race: U16 20 full laps
  • 9th race: A1 50minutes + 5 laps (including hairpin)

Entries will be €15 for all adult races, free entry for all underage races. Prize money for top 6 in all adult races. Pre entry open. Mail me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and i will email you payment details.

If you're interested in entering, please email Marc with your name and CI number and he'll tell you how to pay for entry. I don't know if entries will be open on the day, best to get your name in early if you want a shot at the title!
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Brian Mc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise Keane

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #30797 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic Dublin Champs - Mick Lawless Memorial
I see the race will be open to more than just the ICL and Orwell, I was given the wrong impression!

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #30799 by Brian Mc
And entries are capped at only 40 entries per race, so get in asap!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Monahan

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #30809 by Phil McKendry
Replied by Phil McKendry on topic Dublin Champs - Mick Lawless Memorial
Brian, do you know if you can enter if you don't have an open road license? Thks

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #30810 by Brian Mc

Brian, do you know if you can enter if you don't have an open road license? Thks

Despite it not taking place on actual 'open roads', yes, you would need an open race licence to take part. I'll double check in case they're running it as a club race with invitations, but I doubt it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil McKendry

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #30902 by Louise Keane
Replied by Louise Keane on topic Dublin Champs - Mick Lawless Memorial
Well done to all the Scott Orwell Wheelers who raced in the Mick lawless Dublin championships today.

Special congratulations to Olga Buckina who won the girls U12 race and Andrew Ryan who won the boys U16 race - Andrew was also 5th in the A3 Race!

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Louise Keane.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Murnane

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds