Club League final results

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #7737 by Brian Mc
Club League final results was created by Brian Mc
The final results are now available via the usual link. Some people didn't manage to physically sign on, but were allowed race. Please contact me if you're missing sign on points - one of those was Stephen Barry, but the committee allowed him to collect his 3rd place prize.

Final round places:
1 Sean Barry
2 Sean Murnane
3 Stephen Barry
4 Dan Coulcher
5 Conor Murnane
6 Eric Downey

Sounded like it was a proper race tonight, with only a single 'bunch' finishing together - everyone else in ones and twos. And a good night was had by all in the Blue Light I hope, there was a great range of desserts on offer, thank you to all who contributed!

We've worked out the top 20 in the spreadsheet. After the adjusted scores, if there's anyone tied, it's the most amount of 1st places. If that's tied, most 2nd places, and so on.

1st Patrick O'Brien
2nd Brian McArdle
3rd Conor Murnane
4th Fionn Sheridan
5th Eric Downey
6th Liam Rowsome
7th David Maher
8th David Swift
9th Bryan Geary
10th Cormac Bracken
11th Dick O'Brien
12th Brian Ahern
13th Daniel McElroy
14th Jules De Meester
15th Sean Murnane
16th Frank Moriarty
17th Brian McNally
18th David Halpin
19th Malcolm Garland
20th Graham Scanlon

I'll do a full write-up and double-check the scores when I have a bit more time, but congratulations to Pat and all the above!

Finally, this is a perfect opportunity to thank those who put so much work into the league - Eddy Lane and Damien Long, who are the puppermasters, making sure everything runs smoothly week to week. They deserve a whole lot of praise, credit and kudos for their work behind the scenes, and in front of the scenes too!

Dave Mc, who did so much for each time trial - pre-registration and seeded times, as well as spreadsheets for PBs and improvements.

Jen Sheridan was ousted as our awesome barbecue chef this year, but was still a fantastic helper and race runner throughout the league, along with Paul Tansey, John Lanigan, Denis Gleeson and David Hendron - all of them lending hands during the year and running several races.

Charlotte MacDonald and Ciara Kinch also ran a race each for penance, thank you to them. Paul Brosnan had to emigrate to Belgium midway through the season, but we thank him for his efforts before he left.

Dick O'Brien had a surprising amount of work organising the marshals, and keeping tabs on no-shows and swaps, so fair play to him. To the marshals themselves, thank you to those who showed up and filled the roster - without you we couldn't run the league.

I have undoubtedly forgotten someone, and undersold the above, so please add any bodies and thanks you know or have below.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc, Diarmuid Collins, Gavin Dodd, Neal Hudson, Julian Moore, Dan Coulcher, Ken O'Neill, Aideen Keenan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago - 10 years 4 weeks ago #7738 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic Club League final results
Speaking personally, I want to thank the committee and all involved for the race running week to week. It gave me the opportunity to salvage a wojus injury-hit year, where I couldn't quite compete on the open scene, but could manage a few results in the club. There's a very high standard of organisation there, and long may it continue!

PS congrats to Pat!
Last edit: 10 years 4 weeks ago by Brian Mc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aideen Keenan

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #7739 by Stephen Barry
Replied by Stephen Barry on topic Club League final results
Yes indeed - silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone - so thanks to all - in particular Damien and Eddy, all the committee and Brian Mc for the write ups. It was a cracking league this year and congrats to the beast of Orwell - Pat O'Brien - huge pressure for 2015.

(special thanks to whomever the lady was the drove lead car for SL and SS last night - impressive skills down cruagh)

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #7740 by Brian McNally
Replied by Brian McNally on topic Club League final results
Many thanks for to Eddy, Damien and all the organisers, helpers, etc for a great league, it surpassed last which was hard to top. I appreciate there is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes to make it the best league around.
I only missed the last couple of rounds all season, due to a niggling injury so testament to how good the league was, a bit like Stephen Ireland some relatives (all fictitious) passed away a few times during the summer just to get out of working late.

Well done to all who participated, and in particular those in the top ten as there isn’t many easy points up for grabs.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds